Reports To: Director, Workforce Development
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Every year, thousands of young people in Philadelphia dropout of school. This decades-long dropout crisis impacts individual lives by sustaining the cycle of underemployment and poverty, and threatens Philadelphia’s ability to thrive.
YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School was founded in 1992 to give high school dropouts a second chance and the opportunity to build a brighter future for themselves and their community. Our innovative program offers young at-risk adults a high school diploma, valuable job skills, and the opportunity to learn and grow in a community-oriented, supportive environment. We prepare our students for further educational attainment and meaningful careers as they become leaders and contributing members in a stronger Philadelphia.
YouthBuild Philadelphia Charter School’s mission is to empower young adults (18-20 year-olds) to develop skills and connect to opportunities by fostering an environment of love, support, and respect for their whole person. Students graduate high school and successfully transition to college and career as critically conscious leaders, committed to positive change for themselves and their communities.
YBPCS’ values are deeply held and come from a love of humanity and a perspective that views each student as a community asset. The program’s three core values - respect, excellence and perseverance – are reinforced through all aspects of the program.
Young people in Philadelphia who are disconnected will build skills and access resources and opportunities to achieve economic stability and personal development, and become critically conscious leaders within their communities.
The Business Administration Scholars Coordinator & Instructor is at the forefront to increase students’ preparation to be successful in the hospitality industry starting with entry-level opportunities in the retail sector. The person in this role will be responsible for direct instruction and hands-on experiential learning through the YouthBuild Training Cafe, focused on developing and sharpening students' customer service skills. In addition to direct instruction, he/she will handle the daily operations of the cafe including, but not limited to, ordering supplies and equipment, equipment maintenance, establishing a training budget and reconciling invoicing, and leading students during special events requiring cafe service.
This is a full-time 10-Month position with regular business hours Monday through Friday. However, some irregular hours are expected for this position as events demand.
Excellence looks like reaching out to young people proactively and problem-solving around their strengths.
- Finding and effectively utilizing “teachable moments” as students gain on-the-job training in our training cafe
- Patience and the ability to problem-solve (over and over again) with young people as they build the skills they need to be successful as they go on to postsecondary education and customer facing positions after YouthBuild
- Unrelentingly creative approach to the work, with the highest expectations and highest support every day.
Management of YouthBuild Café and future Social Enterprise
Excellence looks like operating a model training site for our students.
- Oversee the establishment of our in-school YouthBuild Café site that is the primary training ground for YouthBuild students to practice the hard skills of customer service in a retail space
- Ensuring all materials are inventoried and in good working condition
- Working within the given space provided, making sure that the potential on-the-job-training locations inside and outside of YouthBuild can provide the widest array of experiences for our students that best simulates a real-world café
- Supporting site visits and special events at YouthBuild Philly that provide an on-the-job-training experience for the students
- Empower students to manage the day-to-day café operations including scheduling, signage and customer service
Barista & Hospitality Management Training
Excellence here looks like a student finding joy in a customer-facing role that includes well-crafted coffee drinks.
- Help students understand managing the workflow of a busy café including prioritization and staying professional under all circumstances
- Social Enterprise Expansion: Work with Executive Director, Director of Workforce Development and Cafe Manager to establish a public-facing social enterprise café
- Research, plan, and implement daily operations of new café
Customer Service Excellence Training (CSET)
Excellence in this area looks like a student not getting flustered by a difficult customer but moving on to the next person with a smile and readiness to serve.
- Co-teach modules of the CSET training curriculum (working within the Business Administration Scholars vocational track)
- Keep a record of YouthBuild students in the training track, administering and maintaining their assessments. Accountability for student certification attainment will be a key performance measure for this position
- Facilitate direct instruction of hard skills (barista) and a wide range of soft skills
- Guide students through the creation and editing process of post-secondary documents, such as resume, cover letter, personal statement, etc.
- Think creatively about the curriculum and how best to get across the material with your voice and flair that is engaging to students
- Manage and track on-the-job-training requirements for students
- Believe deeply in the mission and values of YouthBuild Philadelphia
- Model professional behavior for students at all times
- Exhibit consistent positive rapport with students
- Develop teamwork and leadership skills of students
- Demonstrate creativity and flexibility in identifying locations and settings of professional-work opportunities, as well as in the teaching tools used in the career-readiness preparation
- Participate in the School’s Mentoring/Coaching Program
- Participate in community-service projects in keeping with the service ethic of the School
- Support the overall climate and culture of the School, including but not limited to, the utilization of restorative-practices for disciplining students, support of leadership development, participation in events, and visits to worksites/internships
- Support fundraising and related development efforts for the School
- Continue to develop professional skills through trainings and professional-development activities offered both at the School and identified external trainings;
- Attend retreats, workshops, and conferences, as required.
- Attend weekly all-staff and department meetings, as well as any other meetings as required by the Director of Vocational Training
- Normal demands of a café work space including but not limited to carrying supplies and standing on your feet for long periods of time
Other duties as assigned by the Director of Workforce Development
- At least two years of teaching or training experience
- Commitment to working with underserved students
- Prior employee development and training experience is preferred in order to simulate the best work experience for students
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or considerable experience above the minimum requirements, plus industry certifications may be considered
- Strong communication and organization skills used in direct instruction, lesson plan development and coordinating student schedules
- Social justice work or service experience preferred
- Experience working in a team setting
- Ability to work enthusiastically with young people who have not completed high school
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to present information to groups;
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, highly flexible work—often highly intense—work environment;
- Ability to travel to locations, organizations or events in the City of Philadelphia
- Creativity in developing strategies that lead to students’ success;
- High level of professionalism and customer-service skills;
- Respect for the intelligence and experiences of young adults;
- Strong commitment to helping young adults succeed in reorienting their lives, nurturing their leadership skills, and enabling them to make a difference in their community.
- Mission driven to work with YB’s student body
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Intermediate to advanced Google Suite skills
- Commitment to social justice
- Demonstrated values that align to Restorative Practices
- FBI - Criminal History Report
- PATCH - Pennsylvania Police Department - Criminal Background Check (and/or applicable based on State of residency)
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance
- TB Test Results
- Act 24 - Arrest Conviction Form
- NSOPW - National Sex Offender Clearance
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, veteran status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.