Position: Continuous Improvement / Industrial Engineer / Technician
Location: Reno, NV
Reports To: General Manager
Sign-On Bonus $1000.00, $500.00 after 3 months of employment and $500.00 after 6 months of employment.
The Continuous Improvement / Industrial Engineer / Technician role will be responsible for helping lead efforts in conjunction with leadership to increase productivity and maximize efficiency (distribution, warehouse etc.) They will provide expertise in leading LEAN initiatives, identifying process improvement opportunities, quantifying results, and trends, and directing teams to achieve desired results. They will work closely with all levels of leadership and employees to support the analysis, planning, design, implementation and evaluation of key projects and continuous improvement strategies to help Schluter Systems, LP. achieve its rapid growth goals.
· Working with Leadership to develop a strong improvement culture and processes in the company that will reduce nonvalue added waste, improve customer service, reduce cycle times, and increase product/service quality.
· Help lead continuous improvement initiatives and projects
· Visual Management boards
· Kanban system strategies – for inventory and non-inventory material
· Workstation design / 5S
· Standardized work
· Eliminating Waste and non-value add
· Problem solving issues and detractors ( root cause)
· May involve some travel for multi-site warehouse and distribution improvement project
· Help create collaborative teams focused on improving their processes.
· Become an expert in all aspect of Warehouse Management Systems and ERP/ MRP systems
· Ability to analyze performance and identify and drive opportunities for improvement.
· Help create standard operating procedures where needed
· Communication: Writes/ speaks and presents clearly across a variety of settings, Adjusts communication style by articulating technical concepts to non-technical groups.
· Plan and implement changes to warehouse layout and pick pack areas for improved flow and efficiency
· Re-slotting part for improved picking efficiency
· 2–4-year degree Industrial Technology or Engineering or equivalent desired
· 0-3+ years’ experience working in Warehouse / Distribution environment depending on education.
Continuous Improvement Experience
· A “hands-on” self-starter, detail oriented, with effective communication and organizational skills.
· Excellent people and project management skills.
· Strong understanding of warehouse and distribution
· Experience in working, teaching, coaching, and motivating people at all positions (hourly to executive)
· Active listener with the ability to observe and ask questions to understand the situation / problems and be supportive and non-judgmental at all times
· Lead by example
· Strong Problem solving and root cause decision making experience required
· Very Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.) and ability to learn new computer systems.
· Experience in using data to align and educate organization.