When the unexpected happens: an injury, an illness, an accident, the healthcare professionals that diagnose and treat these issues need tools they can rely on. That’s where Block Imaging comes in. If you’re looking to join a team that not only provides a positive work environment but also creates a real-world impact, the Block Imaging team is worth your consideration.
We are a Michigan-based company that buys, sells, and refurbishes medical imaging systems worldwide. We also stand by these products with replacement parts and field service and fill interim needs with mobile imaging systems. Right now, we are accepting applications for the role of Project Manager, out of our Holt, MI facility on a full-time basis.
Why Block Imaging?
More than a job
Because Block Imaging supports physicians with diagnostic and imaging equipment, the quality of our products and services have a direct effect on improving, or even saving, the lives of patients.
Leadership at Block Imaging places a high value on creating work/life balance for our team members. A healthy balance is a win for your home life and the work you do!
We know great candidates come our way from many backgrounds. If you’ve never worked in the medical industry before, Block Imaging encourages professional development! We’re open to building on your related experience with training.
We strive to be an environment built from our core values: Integrity- saying what we mean and doing what we say. Growth- constantly getting better, taking risks, and moving forward. Honor- recognizing everyone’s inherent worth and treating them with respect. Together- desiring to help one another as a complete team.
General Job Description:
Ensure Block Imaging fulfills commitments, provides a noteworthy customer experience and manages information within internal systems. Responsible to oversee all logistics aspects of assigned projects. Provide logistical support on equipment bought and sold by Block Imaging. Direct and control all aspects of equipment movement such as inspection, de-installation, removal, transportation, import/export, installation, and operational handover. Provide guidance to team members and exceptional customer service both written and verbally.
- Serve as advisor to the Product Team on all logistical matters.
- Ensure that all customers, buyers, sellers, and vendors etc., are pleased with the performance of Block Imaging's handling of logistics issues.
- Lead by example in all areas; including Project Management and Corporate behavior.
- Advise the Product Team on logistical cost etc., prior to final contract approval to insure job profitability.
- Plan, direct and orchestrate all aspects of equipment movement, meeting budget and timing requirements.
- Provide timely updates to all parties of the progress of equipment movement.
- Problem solve and work to resolve issues that arise during a project.
- Create financial documents in SAP for external and internal customers.
- Utilize Salesforce to communicate, maintain project organization and track parts and assets.
- Maintain confidentiality and update all Company databases in a timely manner.
- Develop and document competitive quotes for each service provided ensuring the best service is provided by vendors, at the lowest possible cost. Negotiate as necessary.
- Understand and follow import and export requirements, presenting accurate documentation in a timely manner.
- Meet reporting and record retention requirements for all governing bodies.
- Travel as needed to equipment worksites to oversee operations.
- Develop knowledge of various medical imaging equipment to enhance technical understanding of the products we sell and service and ensure customer requirements are met.
- Available after hours to handle logistic issues, due to the 24/7 nature of project management.
- Seize opportunities and manage risk.
- Other duties as assigned.
Day in the life: Here is a video you can hear directly from our team members sharing a little more about their experience at Block Imaging.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or equivalent experience in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Medical Imaging or Operations.
Experience: Three years’ experience in logistics, medical imaging equipment or supply chain function.
- Personal Skills: Ability to be assertive and make decisions.
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, keyboarding, and the internet. SAP and Salesforce experience is preferred.
- Communication Skills: interpersonal, negotiation, telephone, writing, and listening. Must be able to discuss “bad news” with clients and vendors.
- Analytical skills with the ability to evaluate needs, identify options and negotiate price.
- Ability to work independently and make business-related decisions.
- The ability to lead and direct others/projects.
- Problem Solving.
- Maintaining confidentiality.
Benefits and Perks:
We live out our mission, People Matter, through the care and benefits we provide our team.
- Health, Vision, Dental & More: Competitive insurance coverage including - medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Paid Time Off: Full-time team members start at 16 days of PTO and receive two “people matter” days for volunteering in your community.
- Profit-Sharing: Quarterly bonuses to team members based on meeting company profitability goals.
- Investment Plan/Budgeting: 401(k) investment planning with a variety of options for deferrals and an annual company contribution, along with financial planning tools and training.
- Tuition Assistance: Split the cost of qualified tuition expenses up to 50% up to $1,000 starting at 90 days and increasing to $2,500 after two years.
- Paid Parental Leave: Up to three weeks of paid parental leave following a qualified Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) qualified and approved leave.
- Environment: Casual dress, BBQs, holiday parties, book clubs, lunch-and-learns, and many more community-driven opportunities to bond as a team and grow as an individual
Block Imaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer