Retail sales associates at PDX will assist guests that are travelling through the Portland International Airport. Create a first point of contact and great first impression for arriving passengers and engage enplaning passengers with hopes to return to Timberline Lodge when they revisit the Mt. Hood area. Highlight the locally sourced, designed and crafted souvenirs and apparel while providing prompt service at the point of sale.
- Open/close stores and balance registers. Report all discrepancies to Retail Management.
- Acknowledge and assist customers with merchandise.
- Develop and maintain product knowledge with assistance from Retail Management.
- Ability to handle cash and process charges in retail software.
- Meets or exceeds personal sales goals set by Retail Management.
- Stock and store merchandise with direction from Retail Management.
- Clean and stock stores as needed and according to opening and closing checklists.
- Actively participate in RLK and Company’s Health & Safety Program by identifying and reporting potential hazards, reporting incidents, and promoting a healthy workplace.
- Exercise stewardship of all RLK and Company facilities and environments, ensuring that efforts are made to reduce, reuse, and recycle when the opportunity is present.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Must be able to pass PDX background check
- Must be self motivated, energetic and optimistic service oriented personality with a strong desire to excel in all aspects of retail operations.
- Must be 18 years old.
- Must be highly detail oriented with ability to set and meet high customer service standards.
- Must be proficient in up-selling of products and services.
- Must have a Safety-First, Team Oriented, Can-Do attitude.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs. and move large packages up to 50lbs using a hand truck.
- Must be flexible and capable of pulling, bending, twisting and kneeling, climbing ladders and reaching above shoulders.
- Must be able to work in tight space and closely with others.
- Must be able to work on feet, stand and walk for up to 8 hours at a time.
- Must be able to keep up with the pace of the department and demands of the position.