Summary of Position: The teacher shall be committed to living a biblical lifestyle and called by God to teach at Vacaville Christian Schools. To teach a school class that is Christ-centered and offers superior education academically, spiritually and socially in a structured, positive environment should be the objective.
A teacher must possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college and have a teacher certification or a commitment to become certified. A teacher shall prayerfully help students learn attitudes, skills, and subject matter that will contribute to their development. VCS exists to provide, in partnership with home and church, a distinctive, Christ-centered education in a nurturing environment, which equips young people to excel in life and in service to Jesus Christ.
Teachers are contracted for one year at a time by the Head of School and will automatically expire at the end of the Term.
Reporting Relationship: Principal
Hours of Work: For the duration of this agreement, it is required, at a minimum, on campus & available from 30 min. before the starting time of the first scheduled class thru 30 min. after the scheduled dismissal of school.
Positions Classification: Exempt
Teaching Duties & Responsibilities:
- Integrate Biblical principles and the Christian philosophy of education throughout the curriculum and activities. Comply with the Statement of Faith, Educational Philosophy and Objectives, the Christian Role Model Expectations, the employee, staff relations, and parent handbooks, and be committed to upholding them.
- Follow school procedures and policies in administrative and educational matters that are set by the Employer. The teacher is responsible for ensuring that these policies and procedures are carried out.
- Will maintain a current ACSI certificate as required by accreditation. New employees will apply for certification upon hire and complete all necessary items for a clear certification, per VCS guidelines, including training in the philosophy of Christian education. If Teacher does not possess certification, they must be working to obtain certification according to a written plan approved by the Principal.
- Adhere to and fulfill all requirements and duties with regard to accreditation procedures and assignments including, but not limited to, developing and updating scope and sequence and curriculum manuals, accreditation documentation and ESLR(s) requirements including collection and documentation.
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellent communication with parents and students to maintain the VCS standard of excellence in all areas of performance.
- Proficiency in technology resources and application that are necessary for the completion of the job, including online student assignment and grade database, technology integration in the classroom and teacher modes.
- Use homework effectively for drill, review, enrichment or project work.
- Assess the learning of students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required:
a. Be available to any parents/students who wish to have a conference before or after school; and
b. Hold conferences with parents of each student (1st quarter mandatory, 3rd quarter as needed).
- Maintain regular and accurate attendance and grade records to meet the demands of each student’s progress.
- Keep students, parents and the administration adequately informed of progress or deficiencies and give early and often notice of failure.
- Be accountable to meet the minimum learning objectives for the grade and/or subject levels taught:
a. Plan broadly through the use of annual goals and objectives, and more currently through the use of a weekly lesson plan schedule, along with any requested update(s), sufficiently detailed to satisfy the supervising administrator(s); and any requested copies of classroom materials.
b. Plan a program of study that, as much as possible, engages the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students, challenging and inspiring each to do her/his best work.
c. Create lessons and assignments that meet the need of the students differentiated learning needs to help enable all students to be successful.
- Perform minimally two (2) adjunct duties and participate in the planning and leadership of all extracurricular events and activities as requested
- Plan through approved channels the balanced classroom use of field trips, guest speakers, and other media.
- Know the procedures for dealing with issues of an emergency nature, and responsible for the safety and health of students in the classroom
- Inform the administration in a timely manner if unable to fulfill any duty assigned.
- When necessity arises for a substitute teacher, prepare adequate information and materials in a timely manner.
1. Demonstrate a strong passion to uphold the Vision, Mission, Educational Objectives, Statement of Faith, Doctrine, and Core Values of Vacaville Christian Schools.
2. Represent the school in a favorable and professional manner to the school’s constituency and the general public.
3. Create a strong educational family by developing and maintaining rapport with students, parents, and staff by treating everyone with friendliness, dignity, and consideration.
4. Demonstrate the ability to accept and carry out responsibilities and make competent, professional decisions.
5. Ability to move about the school building(s) and campus. Employment-related reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities will be provided where the accommodation does not pose an undue hardship (reference the Employee Handbook).
6. Affirms that, as part of the qualifications for this position, he/she is a follower of Jesus who knows the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior.
7. Ability to follow the Matthew 18 Principle in dealing with Leadership, faculty, administration, and parents.
8. Attendance in a Bible-based church.
Competencies & Skills:
1. Possess an Engaging Personality and Teaching Style.
2. Clear Objectives for Lessons.
3. Effective Discipline Skills.
4. Good Classroom Management Skills
5. Good Communication with Parents
6. High Expectations.
7. Knowledge of Curriculum and Standards.
8. Knowledge of Subject Matter.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in English
2. A current ACSI certificate as required by accreditation. If Teacher does not possess certification, must be working to obtain certification according to a written plan approved by the Principal.
3. Initiative to pursue continued professional development and network.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or accountabilities that are required of the Teacher for this position. Duties, accountabilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Signing Bonus-Rules and Restrictions Apply