Are you looking for an opportunity that balances your creativity, client service, project management and analytical skills with your passion to make difference in the world? Do you want to use your experience in direct response fundraising to help environmental, social justice and cultural arts organizations connect with people who care about progressive causes?
As a Program Manager with Avalon Consulting Group – a full-service fundraising consulting agency – you’ll support remarkable organizations in achieving their financial goals through direct marketing and digital fundraising campaigns. This will be an exceptional opportunity for you to galvanize your skills in managing direct marketing fundraising campaigns including strategy, creative development, production management and analysis, all while collaborating with an award-winning, expert team of dedicated, fun, and passionate fundraising professionals.
We are also pleased to offer a “remote-first” work environment. While Avalon has a headquarters office in Washington, DC, any staff member is welcomed to work from the comfort and safety of their home office.
What You’ll Do with Us
- Collaborate with senior team members on program strategy, budgets, creative direction, and overall campaign development.
- Manage all aspects of direct mail, telemarketing, and e-fundraising campaigns, from copywriting and design to production and list management.
- Serve as day-to-day point of contact for your clients.
- Manage and update budgets, costs, and reports for fundraising projects.
- Analyze response data and write final campaign reports.
- Draft client reports and presentations.
Why You Will Love Avalon Consulting
As one of Washington, DC's most respected, cutting-edge, nonprofit fundraising consulting agencies since 1997, Avalon is committed to making the world a better place by helping our clients raise the funds needed to fulfill their inspiring missions. We have created a culture unlike any other agency. We're strategic, analytical, creative, innovative, collaborative, compassionate, and most of all: passionate about our work. We love what we do, and it shows in our engaged teams, industry awards, and delighted clients.
At Avalon, you'll experience an unparalleled supportive and collaborative team environment that encourages professional development while recognizing the importance of flexibility and work-life balance. We are committed to fostering a culture that embraces differences every day, and where each of our staff is supported and inspired to reach their full potential.
Besides being a great place to work, Avalon is pleased to offer a rich, comprehensive benefit plan, including employer-paid health and dental insurance, generous paid leave, employer-paid life and disability insurance, a safe harbor 401(k) plan.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are critical to our success. We strive to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for this opportunity.
What We Need
You will be a great fit for us if you possess at least three (3) years of direct response fundraising experience. You must be a “rock star” in using Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint. Additionally, you must have a proven ability to organize and effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines.
In addition, our most successful Program Managers are able to demonstrate the following:
- Creativity and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to multi-task and manage simultaneous projects and deadlines.
- Enjoyment of collaborative, fast-paced environments
- Self-motivation and the ability to execute responsibilities with minimal oversight
- Strong detail management
- Comfortable being “behind the scenes” in driving donor support
- Critical thinking and troubleshooting
- Consideration of strategic objectives alongside details and immediate concerns
- Exceptional ability to work in teams and collaborate with clients, partners and peers
- Outstanding communications, including both listening and persuasion
- Consistent professionalism and respectful communication
- Enjoyment of collaborative, fast-paced environments, and the ability to keep cool under pressure
- A willingness to learn and knowing when to ask for help
- Kindness, consideration and understanding of how your words and actions affect others.
- Experience bringing a lens of inclusivity to all of your interactions with colleagues.
If this sounds like you, we would love to speak with you. For consideration, please apply using the provided link or by submitting your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE