Navvis is a Real-Person Care company with a transformative approach to population health. Our groundbreaking approach responds to how people really live their lives, day in and day out. Navvis Real-Person Care is integrated and holistic, physician-led and person-centered. Our entire approach begins with asking people a simple question that no one else is asking: Not, 'what's the matter with you?' but, 'what matters to you?'
Navvis delivers seamless, high-performing and aligned provider networks, care coordination, and value-base care models.
We partner with health plans, health systems, providers and employers to eliminate the barriers, boundaries, and siloed efforts that fragment care. We help our clients move from a system that is complicated and frustrating to one that is centered on people's real-life needs.
Real life. Life changing. Changing healthcare. That's Navvis.
Learn more at: www.navvishealthcare.com
The Implementation Services Department (ISD) represents Navvis Healthcare’s commitment to reduce existing enterprise risk by employing a centralized enterprise-wide ownership and accountability function related to strategic project leadership. For future enterprise success, Navvis growth and organizational structure must intentionally stay ‘in step’ and align in this mission critical function of Implementation Services. The Navvis ISD will play a key role in providing critical services during the discovery, design, build, implement, and manage stages of deploying the Navvis Solution.
The following principles are core to the Navvis Implementation Services Department:
- Provide project planning, management and delivery of the Navvis Solution projects and programs.
- Engage and lead high performing cross functional enterprise teams, serving as the central hub where all strategic initiatives and associated people, project, program and organizational measurements and communications meet.
- Establish project management practices that align all workstream resources with Navvis’ missions, goals and strategic priorities.
- Provide appropriate visibility and involvement in the client relationships and oversight of implementation programs across the Navvis departments to support the successful implementation of project and program delivery.
- Implement the six pillars of population health: Process | People | Networks | Governance | Payment Models & Compensation | Technology.
As a Project Manager you will:
Plan, organize, monitor and oversee projects with internal and external stakeholders to deliver defined requirements and meet organization and client strategic objectives. You are responsible for project planning, scheduling, allocating resources and stakeholder communication.
A Day in the Life:
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively with the Implementation Services Department and/or other Navvis team members to advance and complete project goals and initiatives.
- New projects could arise at any time and the project manager quickly becomes the center of activity and change. You will have to be able to handle quick deadlines and keep calm under pressure.
- Supports the full project life cycle including requirements gathering, creation of project plans and schedules, obtaining and managing resources, managing budget and facilitating project execution, deployment, closure and evaluation. Administer and organize all types of projects from simple activities to more complex plans. Includes liaising with clients and coaches to identify, define project requirements, scope, and objectives.
- Effectively communication project status to all stakeholders. Coordinate cross-functional meetings with various stakeholders. Maintain detailed project documentation including meeting minutes, action items, risk or issues list.
- Monitor the creation of all project deliverables to ensure adherence to quality standards and brand experience. Ensure client needs are met as complex projects evolve.
- Demonstrates skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, professionalism, independent judgment and discretion.
What success looks like in this role:
- Part of being a project manager is to identify issues, provide solutions, delegate tasks and monitor progress to stay on schedule and on budget. It requires frequent communication with stakeholders.
- Collecting the necessary data and stakeholder input to ensure project is completed.
- Prepare comprehensive action plans including resources, time frame, budgets/pricing for projects. You must be able to rise to the challenge of ambiguity and respond with confidence and adaptability.
We are excited about you if you have these things:
- Interpersonal skills: A strong project manager must be able to listen, communication effectively and clearly and collaborate with many people internally, with clients and/or external partners.
- Executive presence and Leadership skills: You will be the person people look to for answers and project updates. You must have the skills to manage and supervise, execute on each step of the project. You will lead projects and motivate others to complete them according to the timeline, exceptional standards and budgets.
- Problem solving skills: You will likely face many unexpected challenges to meet goals and schedules. The project manager will need to find solutions and resolve issues in a timely manner either collaboratively or individually.
- Strong organizational skills: This position requires someone capable of managing multiple projects at one time that often have conflicting schedules.
- Special project management skills: Demonstrated track record of managing a sequence of tasks. Ability to coordinate complex projects.
- Flexibility: You will need to be flexible when issues arise that threaten project goals, entry of new and competing projects along with changes in direction.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or project management and/or equivalent experience. Must have at least two years of project management experience working with senior healthcare executives and clinical leaders in large matrix managed environments.
- Proficiency in utilizing project management and process improvement tools and methodology. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
What you'll get:
Navvis is committed to attracting the most insightful and motivated talent by providing a candidate and onboarding experience that you won't find elsewhere! We foster an environment and culture that allow people to be creative, feel connected and be inspired to do their best work no matter where they are on the map. For all colleagues at Navvis, we strive to ensure that they have everything needed to be successful. From the basics like a competitive total rewards strategy, volunteering and social engagement activities to creating company experiences that challenge you to think differently and do different things as part of our never stop learning ecosystem, we support the whole person when you become a team member at Navvis.
Navvis offers a competitive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, 401K with a safe harbor contribution, cell phone reimbursement and Paid Time Off plan starting at 3+ weeks.