No hazmat? No problem! We'll help you earn your endorsement. This is year-round employment from one of the area's most respected companies. If you’re looking for a job that gets you home every night, then this job is for you.
To transport and deliver petroleum products to JJ Powell, Inc. customers, must have knowledge of commercial driving regulations and familiarity with the roads in Lewistown and surrounding areas.
The following are essential functions of the job:
1. Drives a tank truck to deliver gasoline, fuel oil, and diesel fuel to customers.
2. Reads gauges, meters and records quantity loaded.
3. Records amount of product delivered and issues tickets to customer.
4. Applies knowledge of commercial driving and skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds and in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather and in or out of tight areas.
5. Performs all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all federal, state and local regulations for the safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
6. Maintains records required for compliance with state and federal regulations including driver’s record of duty status, mileage records, and other records required by law.
7. Maintain all required certifications required by DOT and OSHA and company safety programs.
8. Reports all accidents involving driver or company equipment.
9. Reports highway safety hazards noted while in route.
10. Promptly reports any delays due to break downs, weather or traffic conditions or other emergencies, or in the event of irregularities relating to pick up or delivery.
11. Performs required before-, during- and after-operation “user maintenance” and provide required reports.
12. Provide outstanding customer service during delivery and pickup operations.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet while in the office, or moderately loud when in the field.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed. Must work 37.5 hours each week to maintain full-time status. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. 1 year of relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to do the job.
3. Valid CDL License (Class B).
4. Hazmat and Tanker Endorsement.