The teacher shall be committed to living a biblical lifestyle and called by God to teach at Vacaville Christian Schools. To teach a school class that is Christ-centered and offers superior education academically, spiritually and socially in a structured, positive environment should be the objective.
A teacher shall prayerfully help students learn attitudes, skills, and subject matter that will contribute to their development. VCS exists to provide, in partnership with home and church, a distinctive, Christ-centered education in a nurturing environment, which equips young people to excel in life and in service to Jesus Christ.
Teachers are contracted for one year at a time by the Head of School and will automatically expire at the end of the Term.
Reporting Relationship: ECE Director
- Adhere to the curriculum and lesson plans assigned by the regular teacher.
- Follow procedures and achieve lesson goals.
- Assign and explain homework.
- Oversee students outside of the classroom including in the hallways and cafeteria.
- Comply with all school regulations and policies at all times.
- Take attendance and document daily notes.
- Ensure classroom and work is kept clean and orderly.
- Oversee the normal classroom rhythms and activities.
- Compile a report for the teacher for when he/she returns.