The Sargent and Greenleaf (S&G) Family of Brands deliver proven lock and door solutions that protect people and assets at home, at work, and in communities around the world. With trusted brands such as Sargent & Greenleaf, Delaney Hardware, Premier Steel Doors & Frames and MegaMet Industries, we provide businesses and consumers with high-security safe locks and locking systems, quality door hardware and fixtures, commercial-grade steel doors and frames, as well as multi-family and commercial security solutions.
Our unique portfolio of lock and door solution brands serve a wide range of our customer’s security needs across a variety of industries and applications. Together, we are on a mission to make the world more secure today and in the future.
The Marketing and Events Coordinator is responsible for the planning, budgeting, strategy, creative, production, logistics and execution areas surrounding internal/external/training and corporate events and functions on behalf of the S&G Family of Brands. This role will maintain a rolling calendar of events, spearheading the process end-to-end, working closely with internal team members across departments as well as external constituents, suppliers and vendors. Charged with logistics planning, vendor procurement and the RFP process, as well as the warehousing, shipping and delivery of creative assets, the delivery of on-brand promotional items and related display, training and marketing tools.
· Owns the annual event calendar and facilitates project management as required for complex and often overlapping on and off-site internal meetings, sales, industry and product training events.
· Oversees all details surrounding the planning and logistics for the global sales team, assessing objectives, mapping the scope of work and solving to create impactful events for multiple audiences.
· Manages the budgeting process, with responsibility for keeping events on schedule, on brand and aligned with the overall financial plan. Additionally charged with strategic planning with internal teams to drive yearly event plans, strategies, messaging and logistics.
· Leads the on-site run of show process and instructs vendors, volunteers and internal associates, as needed, to ensure continuity and flow during events.
· Maintains and expands a deep rolodex of relevant contacts across the event planning, creative, logistics and shipping space.
· Collaborates with multiple internal stakeholders to outline the initial scope of work, driving buy-in for the project plan and overall scope across departments.
· Comfortable presenting on-brand and on-message event plans to various members of senior and executive management, with the ability to garner alignment among stakeholders.
· 2-4 years of demonstrable, hands-on product marketing and event management experience, with a preference for specific exposure to (and comfort level with) both B2C and B2B creative event planning.
· Familiar with the appropriate toolsets, methodologies and resources required to bring impactful events to life.
· Comfortable creating, owning and cultivating buy-in for the core positioning, messaging and branding surrounding events, driven by competitive research and a keen understanding of overarching corporate objectives.
· Core communications abilities, as well as experience with the budgeting, planning and project management process are essential.
· Superior senior/executive stakeholder management skills – must be very comfortable communicating and presenting to senior stakeholders both internally and externally.
· A positive, client-focused attitude and the ability to work across departments in a productive and collaborate fashion.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Well versed in the full suite of MS productivity, creativity, communication and collaboration tools. Experience with consumer products and a passion for offering creative solutions to both B2C and B2B event marketing objectives preferred.
S&G Vision & Values:
S&G is a passionate team with a continuous improvement culture dedicated to delivering trusted and transformative locking solutions while consistently exceeding customer expectations.
Must be a champion of the S&G corporate values of accountability, integrity, respect, teamwork, community, innovation and leadership.
S&G is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.