The Sargent and Greenleaf (S&G) Family of Brands deliver proven lock and door solutions that protect people and assets at home, at work, and in communities around the world. With trusted brands such as Sargent & Greenleaf, Delaney Hardware, Premier Steel Doors & Frames and MegaMet Industries, we provide businesses and consumers high-security safe locks and locking systems, high-quality door hardware and fixtures, commercial-grade steel doors and frames, as well as multi-family and commercial security solutions.
Our unique portfolio of lock and door solution brands serve a wide range of our customer’s security needs across a variety of industries and applications. Together, we are on a mission to make the world more secure today and in the future.
Drives all marketing aspects of the process surrounding New Product Development (NPD) from inception through commercialization for the Lock Solutions Group (encompassing both Delaney Hardware and Sargent and Greenleaf). Owns the evolution of the NPD roadmap and guides development and pathway via client and user feedback, usage metrics and competitive research. Maps out a comprehensive strategy to address each stage of the lifecycle from a marketing perspective, working closely with internal departments (Product Development, Engineering, Production, Sourcing, Supply Chain and online and traditional Sales) and external stakeholders (customers and partners) to bring new products to market across all relevant channels. Develops a toolset of online and offline sales and marketing assets and training to best position products for successful launch, growth and success. Additionally, manages the Product Life Cycle process for portfolio product offerings. Actively supports sales with expertise, consulting, and the creation and production of multimedia sales, marketing and training collateral. Accountable for product P&L including revenue and profit growth for existing and new products in the geographic or vertical markets assigned. Acts as the products’ champion within the company for portfolio product offerings. Accountable for definition of S&G Family of Brands value proposition and delivery model for assigned products and product lines. Develops and leads detailed weekly reporting to key members of Senior and Executive leadership.
· Defines the go-to-market strategy, product positioning and value proposition for new products as these relate to the core customer offering – considers all flavors and profiles such as private, hybrid, public etc.; Communicates the value proposition to various stakeholders and continuously refines the key differentiators throughout the process.
· Drives 3rd party technology and vision.
· Understands how the legacy products map to new products and services.
· Acquires deep knowledge of the S&G Family of Brands product roadmap for converting these products and services into revenue drivers with a distinct competitive marketplace advantage.
· Considers various GTM structures considering differences in client demands, markets, line of business etc. – helping to define the variations of infrastructure models and which segments (market, customer type, geography etc.) they apply to.
· Collaborate with stakeholders such as sales, product, regional pricing teams, etc. to select the applicable GTM structure for each segment.
· Refine the GTM structure based on client feedback and new information obtained to bring continuous improvement to the product introduction phase
· Own the design of channel strategy, target segments, customer profiles and business case documents and dashboard for relevant use-cases.
· Lead the "big picture" of challenges impacting the customer experience, including technical, functional and process considerations, and creatively define the GTM strategy to address those challenges.
· Acts as a bridge between product managers and sales personnel as a product offering (value proposition) expert: develop detailed knowledge as to the value and price differential between various flavors of modernized services (private, public, hybrid etc.) and outline the appropriate approach to take for modernized services, how much to customize offerings etc.
· Obtain market data and competitive intelligence to inform our GTM strategy. Maintain industry knowledge and enhance subject matter expertise, identify trends and changes in client and competitor behaviors
· Understand the implications of the product roadmap for modernized services on our GTM approach. Provide inputs to product managers as they make decisions about which features to add to roadmap - tie together the solution to the underlying infrastructure component.
· Collaborate with marketing and product teams for content creation and messaging that reflects target markets and target personas and drive impactful creative.
· Provide product expertise and competitive intelligence on sales opportunities.
· Work with the pricing resource to craft a pricing structure for modernized services.
· Create, articulate and delivery an innovative and compelling value proposition so that S&G Family of Brands customer executives clearly realize the benefits and transformational value of migrating to a S&G Family of Brands solution.
· Manage and develop the Product Team and/or direct Creative Services Associates as appropriate.
· 5-8 years of demonstrable, hands-on product marketing experience, with a preference for specific exposure to (and comfort level with) managing to all aspects of the NPD process.
· Familiar with the appropriate toolsets, methodologies and resources required to successfully bring new products and services to market.
· Comfortable creating, owning and cultivating buy-in for the core positioning, messaging and branding of new products, backed by research, data and practical feedback.
· Demonstrate flexibility in approach to delivery, innovative thinking, strong ability to work in a matrix environment, and a willingness to challenge and relate concepts across key cross-functional stakeholders, with experience in product and project management.
· Excellent senior/executive stakeholder management skills – must be very comfortable communicating and presenting to senior stakeholders both internally and externally.
· Provide governance and project management related to product delivery, packaging, marketing and launch plans and oversee all execution initiatives.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills essential, with proven ability explaining technical concepts in non-technical terms, developing presentations and reports as well as excellent organizational skills.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university: MBA preferred. Well versed in the full suite of MS productivity, communication and collaboration tools.
S&G Vision & Values:
S&G is a passionate team with a continuous improvement culture dedicated to delivering trusted and transformative locking solutions while consistently exceeding customer expectations.
Must be a champion of the S&G corporate values of accountability, integrity, respect, teamwork, community, innovation and leadership.
S&G is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.