This position is responsible for executing all functions as they relate to the Electrical Engineering Department and associated projects. The primary responsibility is to ensure appropriate electrical design, development and installation of electrical hardware and systems, and to support electrical engineering and design functions. The Electrical Engineer will provide direction and support to the Electrical Design Group as required to properly execute electrical designs, projects, and schedules.
- Assume Electrical Engineering project lead to interface with customer and ensure customer satisfaction. (Travel as requested to support ABEC’s customers)
- Understand all project requirements, specifications, and objectives.
- Defines Electrical and Instrumentation scope of work and develops all required specifications.
- Executes quality management plan in accordance with ABEC standard procedures
- Electrical Estimating and Forecasting.
- Develops and Coordinates design and/or manufacturing and efforts to ensure compliance.
- Assists in development of control panel layouts, electrical schematics, instrument and control loop drawings, assembly drawings and bill of materials.
- Maintain organized project related records.
- Development of hardware documentation including details, setup parameters and operations and maintenance manuals. Provide training to end user(s).
- Provide technical support to customers, sales, and marketing.
- Evaluate and recommend electrical upgrades to existing equipment or systems as required
- Develops control hardware design specifications
- Support and assist customer field service requirements, planned and unplanned
- Supports Field Services with respect to Electrical needs both planned and unscheduled.
- Supports commissioning, startup and customer quality testing as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to travel when required
- Bachelor’s Degree (Level 8) in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with electrical power systems including 400/480 vac supply and motor control circuits.