Cranshaw Construction is looking for an Assistant Project Manager. You will never be bored! Each day you’re asked to tackle a wide range of tasks. People would describe you as adaptable, capable, multi-talented, and curious. You know when to ask questions but are an independent ‘roll up your sleeves’ kind of do-er. By exercising your good judgement, you’ve built up trust with your empowering Project Manager. Your Project Manager has the confidence in you to figure things out but also knows you have the judgement to raise pertinent issues to his/her attention. You split your time between the field and the office and have the interpersonal skills to form deep, trusting relationships with office and field staff. You are also highly organized, making sure that needed documents and information are at your fingertips, including budgets, schedules, contract documents and meeting minutes. You’ll be expected to take Procore software training and become certified. You’re often one of the last people on a job, supervising punch list tasks, closing the project out and turning it over to the client, so your performance leaves a critical final client impression. By providing the client with the organized records they need for their smooth facility management, including warranties, Operations & Maintenance (O&M) manuals, occupancy certificates, and as-builts/models, you have set the client up for success and they’ll look to Cranshaw as their preferred Construction Manager for their next project.
You’ll thrive as an Assistant Project Manager at Cranshaw, if you:
· Are highly organized and capable of keeping documentation in order and up-to-date
· Possess great interpersonal skills and are able to form trusting business relationships with a variety of office and field staff
· Are able to adapt and respond to differing needs and tasks on a dynamic basis
· Can collect and organize close-out and turnover materials such as warranties, Operations & Maintenance manuals, occupancy certificates, and as-builts/models
· Have a keen sense of detail to keep track of logs, insurance, bonds, and certificates
· Have a willingness to learn new tasks, systems, softwares and the construction process
· Make safety your first and over-riding priority
· Embrace Cranshaw’s diversity initiatives and goals
· Bachelor’s degree in construction management and/or relative field a plus
· 3 years’ experience, preferably in construction management with a commercial general contractor
· Must be able to physically maneuver on a construction site
· Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite required – particularly Excel
· Skills with Procore or similar project management, accounting cost management, scheduling, and modeling software are all pluses
· OSHA, CPR/First Aid and other trainings and certifications are beneficial
Cranshaw Construction solves our development clients’ biggest construction challenges on their multi-family residential, mixed-use, office/corporate-interior, and lab projects. As an affiliate of National Development – an interdisciplinary real estate firm providing development, property management and investment acquisition services - Cranshaw brings a unique “owner’s perspective” in managing construction. Founded in 1983, Cranshaw has successfully completed over $4 billion of space totaling over 35 million square feet in suburban and downtown Boston. Some of our signature work can be found at www.cranshaw.com.
Cranshaw’s practice is bustling, so we are looking for bright and capable professionals to work on some of the largest and most challenging multi-family, mixed-use, and lab projects in Boston and its metropolitan area. You’ll work from Cranshaw’s Newton Lower Falls, MA office co-located with National Development but will also frequently work at job sites and clients throughout the region.
What’s in it for you? We hope a lot actually. In Cranshaw’s culture, you’re driven by Pride, Passion, and Quality. At Cranshaw, Assistant Project Managers receive mentoring, formal training, support, and a clearly defined path for progression within the company.
We offer the usual – medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holidays, 401k plan.
and some things you might not expect – paid volunteer time, bonuses, ability to work remotely (for some positions), tuition reimbursement program, paid professional registrations, paid industry organization memberships, employee wellness incentives, employee assistance program, office activities, training and development.
Ready to tackle the next challenge in your career? Check out Cranshaw and apply online at: www.cranshaw.com
Cranshaw is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) and encourages qualified minority, female, veteran, and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against employees or prospective employees based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age or military status.
Key Success Factors:
· Helpful – You look for ways to improve and support your team and project manager’s role.
· Organized – you keep project documentation up-to-date and in order, including budgets, schedules, procurement and contracts, client communications, and closeout materials.
· Adaptable – whatever may be needed at a given time, you roll with it.
Learner –ask questions, and are observant, curious, and dedicated to continuous improvement in your pursuit of learning everything you can about the construction process.