Cranshaw Construction is looking for a full-time project manager who has a strong background in estimating and pre-construction services support. We focus on creating a fundamental baseline of knowledge which will get expanded with more frequent exposure and experience. Preferred candidate will strive to exceed construction goals, maintain a positive reputation, and proudly represent Cranshaw Construction’s professionalism and values.
As a Project Manager, your primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Maintaining a thorough understanding of your project scope, building processes and systems as well as business priorities
· Ensuring timely and accurate completion of financial processes, controls, and reports – e.g., internal budgets, cost forecasting, billings, collections, subs payments, change order preparation and resolution, contracts, etc.
· Ability to lead subcontractor buyout and generate comprehensive Scopes of Work exhibits
· Highly organized and with a strong attention to detail, ability to plan ahead and manage time well, prioritizing critical path constructability issues
· Developing, nurturing, and maintaining key relationships with: co-workers; the client; an owner’s project manager, if applicable; designers, including architects and engineers; subcontractors; and industry partners (e.g., landlords, brokers, etc.)
· Delivering projects with integrity and a positive client experience, on time and on budget
· Ensuring timely and accurate completion of financial processes, controls, and reports – e.g., internal budgets, cost forecasting, billings, collections, subcontractor payments, change order preparation and resolution, contracts, etc. – with an eye to quickly identifying potential/existing issues that could lead to subpar financial performance
· Working closely with field staff and subcontractors to establish an achievable baseline schedule and updates
· Enjoying the process of developing your staff – Assistant Project Managers and Project Coordinators – by giving them direction and equipping them with the necessary tools, but allowing them to execute independently
· Sharing lessons learned and best practices company-wide; e.g., report on products, subcontractor performance, etc.
· Willingly contributing to the bidding, proposal, and interview process
· Promoting business development through association involvement and networking opportunities
· Making safety your first and over-riding priority
· Embracing Cranshaw’s diversity initiatives and goals
What You Bring Us:
· Bachelor’s degree preferably in construction management, facilities management, engineering or related field.
· 7+ years of experience in commercial construction projects exceeding $20M, preferably in Cranshaw’s core markets of multi-family residential, mixed use, office, or lab
· Demonstrated knowledge of construction cycle - full scope of work, estimates, plans and specifications with a solid understanding of MEP/FP systems a definite plus
· Superior communications (written and verbal), listening, and inter-personal skills
· Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, project management software (Procore or similar), accounting cost management software, scheduling software (MS Project or similar), modeling software a plus
· Must be able to physically maneuver on a construction site and work from both office and field site locations
· LEED, CM-Lean, OSHA, CPR/First Aid, PMP, and other trainings and certifications beneficial
What We Bring You:
Cranshaw Construction offers a wide range of insurance options, programs and benefits that let you and your family be healthy and plan for the future. Including:
· Comprehensive and affordable health, dental and eye plans
· Life insurance and LTD
· Employee wellness incentives
· Company-matched 401K
We want our team members to be happy and healthy, both personally and professionally. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to family matters and health and wellness.
Cranshaw Construction is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer.