Great new opportunity for a Maintenance Supervisor! This position oversees the central maintenance department and its 13 maintenance employees (2 electricians, 2 multicrafts, 2 A/C techs, 4 mobile equipment mechanics, 1 water specialist, 1 mobile equipment operator, and 1 laborer). Responsible for all maintenance activities supporting Utilities, Buildings, and Grounds. Reports to the Maintenance Manager. Plan and direct safety, work, and training for all assigned employees.
- The major role of this job is to ensure routine management efforts are followed and opportunities for improvement in processes, products, and production within the area of responsibility are identified.
- The Routine Facilitator II is responsible for ensuring standardization of processes within the area of responsibility. These duties will include needs assessments, auditing, coaching of production/quality improvement programs and standards, ITS training, 5S improvements, development and implementation of cost and environmental control goals, development and implementation of new and current preventive maintenance and safety management processes and procedures
Incumbent must have a strong working knowledge of the steel manufacturing methods and techniques involving the use of heavy mill machinery and related equipment. Previous qualifying experience in scrap processing, melting, casting, rolling, maintenance, finishing, shipping/warehouse operations, and supervisory/facilitation a must.
- Qualifications for this position include a four year college degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Material Science combined with 3 to 5 years’ experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment with exposure to standardization and production quality methods.
- Successful candidate will demonstrate a basic knowledge of the business system and the use of complex technical and engineering processes.
- Requires the ability to train and guide people.
- The incumbent should possess solid presentation abilities combined with good interpersonal and organizational skills. People management skills a must
- Experienced working in extreme weather conditions.
Wages & Benefits
Optimus Steel has a competitive benefit package.
Dental, Vision, Health & Dependent Care FSA
401K, Company match
Basic Life/Accident Insurance
Employee Assistance Program