Corporate Travel Consultant
Fully Remote • Remote Worker - N/A • Operations
Business Title: Travel Consultant/Corporate
Reports To: Manager, Corporate Travel Center (CTC)
Salary Classification: Non-Exempt
Provide quality customer service to corporate clients who travel domestically and/or internationally, while accurately managing all travel requests, following the appropriate process and procedures. This individual must be a self-directed and technology-driven team player.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include
- Respond to client requests and inquiries in a call center environment through multiple channels such as phone, email, text/SMS or online booking tool.
- Receive, initiate and process reservations received by booking and ticketing airline, rail, car, hotel and limo services in accordance with client requests.
- A high volume of monthly transactions is required.
- Utilize Global Distribution Systems (GDS) queues, scripts, and programmable keys to successfully fulfill travel requests.
- Act as the advocate for the client to ensure travel needs are met and customer satisfaction exceeds expectations while following travel policy.
- Email monitoring and response.
- Special Projects as assigned.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Possess a passion for serving customers with proactive solutions.
- Effective strong consultative selling skills and the ability to listen to the customers’ needs; in turn, offering confident recommendations, resulting in high customer satisfaction with the service they receive.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks in high-pressure situations while developing a rapport with the customer.
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of corporate travel technology products.
- Ability to work independently and within a team, developing strategies and action plans and implementing goals and objectives.
- Ability to respond to change.
- Ability to embrace diversity.
- Professional manner and appearance.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ corporate travel experience is required.
- Knowledge of travel agency operations is required.
- Ability to work shifts to cover extended hours.
- Advanced knowledge of Sabre reservation system is required.
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.