The Senior Research Associate/Principal Research Associate, Assay Development in the Research Analytics group has the unique opportunity to develop and execute assays at the interface of Arbor’s preclinical and early Research and Development teams. This laboratory-based position is responsible for the development, qualification, and execution of new platform and bioanalytical assays (e.g. RT-qPCR, ddPCR, ligand binding assays, etc.) to support different groups within the Arbor R&D organization including the Preclinical and Delivery Development teams. The successful candidate will utilize their knowledge of bioanalysis to apply these methods to evaluate AAV and LNP quality attributes for biodistribution, transgene expression, and pharmacology/efficacy biomarkers in vitro and in preclinical model systems. This position requires hands-on experience and knowledge of developing and qualifying bioanalytical assays to support both preclinical and platform research teams. This position has tremendous room for growth and opportunities across multiple areas of the R&D organization.
- Develop, optimize, and qualify molecular and biochemical assays to support preclinical, platform R&D and delivery teams (e.g., RT-qPCR, ddPCR and ligand binding assays).
- Establish, qualify, and execute bioanalytical workflows including RNA/DNA extraction, ddPCR/qPCR and protein detection methods to quantify AAV and LNP product quality attributes to support in vitro and biodistribution studies.
- Perform sample analysis with cells, animal tissues and blood samples to support preclinical and research programs.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop and execute bioanalytical assays.
- Bachelor's degree (biochemistry, bioengineering, molecular biology, pharmacology, pharmaceutical sciences, or equivalent expertise areas) with 2-4 years of relevant experience or Master's degree with 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge and hands-on expertise with nucleic acid quantification (RT-qPCR, ddPCR), ligand binding assays (e.g., ELISA, MSD), and immunogenicity assays.
- Familiarity with regulated bioanalytical assays.
- Prior experience with AAV and/or LNP assay development and execution.
- Innovative and science-driven
- Collaborative and an excellent communicator
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic, and highly collaborative environment
Our values govern the work we do at Arbor, and we’re hoping that they resonate as strongly with you as they do with us!
- Astonishingly Connected: The best work happens when we do it together. At Arbor, we believe strong, clear communication is crucial to our success and emboldens collaboration in all of us.
- Our People are Gems: And we treat each other as such by celebrating our growth and development. We invest in our team and encourage everyone to have both a learners mindset and a willingness to teach others.
- Remarkably Mighty: You'll be intrigued when you take a closer look at Arbor. We approach our work with integrity and thoughtfulness. We are brave, which leads us to take smart risks and make bold discoveries.
- Authenticity is Encouraged: From eating cheese puffs with chopsticks, to doing cartwheels on our balance beam, we're all about embracing your true self and showing up as you really are. Our differences make us extraordinary.
At Arbor, we are discovering, developing and making available to all patients the next-generation of genetic medicines. We are disrupting the field through our proprietary discovery engine to develop a portfolio of differentiated genetic editing and delivery capabilities. We have an unencumbered portfolio of multiple CRISPR based genetic modifiers that can be tailored to correct the underlying pathology of each genetic disease. Our pipeline of genetic medicines will focus on bringing cures to all patients with genetic disease.
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
Arbor Biotechnologies is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.