The Special Events Coordinator assists the customer in production and coordination of events at the Museum. The position is responsible for a number of activities in planning and execution of individual events including: responding to requests for facility rentals, holding client meetings, conducting initial walk throughs, finalizing contracts, working with vendors, setting up/breaking down events, promoting the museum and prospecting clients. The Special Events Coordinator acts on behalf of the Museum as a liaison to the client during contracted events and works closely with Museum staff as well as external teams such as catering contacts and other vendors, to assure smooth and professional outcomes for rentals and events. The Coordinator must be self-directed and flexible, as well as anticipate event needs, prioritize, and be able to meet deadlines.
- Schedule and coordinate events to specification; provide facilities expertise and support to scheduled special events.
- Be onsite to manage all assigned events from beginning to end.
- Provides assistance and guidance to customers in the renting of the facility; assists the client in carrying out the vision of their events.
- Assures effective coordination and outcomes of tactical aspects of client events; conducts problem resolution as needed to assure a seamless and successful client experience.
- Keeping track of finances for individual events (including process customer payments, invoices, check requests, etc.)
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with Museum contacts including vendors, caterers and internal departments including custodial, engineering and audio-visual support teams.
- Negotiating contracts, procuring vendors/subcontractors, conceptualizing and implementing events, food and beverage processes, and driving the overall customer experience.
- Convert clients into committed customers through on-site visits/meetings, property tours and proactive communication.
- Gather and maintain event information and ensure that event sets ups are accurate and relevant event information is communicated to appropriate internal departments (Custodial, Engineering, Security, Volunteers, etc.)
- Attend weekly planning meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in event planning or marketing is preferred,
- Two (2) years of event coordinating a MUST
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays required
- Demonstrated proficiency in computers with ability to learn departmental systems
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and able to juggle, shift gears and maintain a sense of humor