Arbor Biotechnologies is seeking a Scientist to join our Discovery & Platform team to aid in the earliest stages of discovery and characterization of new gene editing systems. The ideal candidate will have an appetite for learning a wide variety of topics, is self-motivated, comfortable building new assays, and is able to lead original research efforts. The Scientist will be responsible for leading and initiating new discovery projects through the proof of concept phase to the collaborative transfer of knowledge within Discovery & Platform to advance new editors.
- Lead research projects aimed at uncovering new biology
- Design and build new biochemical assays as needed
- Collect, analyze, and document high-throughput biochemical data to characterize new discoveries
- Contribute to the ideation and proofing process for new discovery projects
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams in Platform & Discovery to translate findings
- Communicate results at meetings and externally as needed
- Develop and maintain protocols, operational processes, and best practices
- Other duties as assigned
- PhD degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, bioengineering, or a related field and 0-5 years relevant experience post-graduate, or BS/MS degree with 5-10 years of experience
- Experience building custom molecular biology assays focused on nucleic acids
- Experience taking on challenging or risky projects
- Familiarity with CRISPR gene editing technologies
- Familiarity with bioinformatic concepts
- Organized challenge-seeker with scientific risk tolerance
Our values govern the work we do at Arbor, and we’re hoping that they resonate as strongly with you as they do with us!
- Astonishingly Connected: The best work happens when we do it together. At Arbor, we believe strong, clear communication is crucial to our success and emboldens collaboration in all of us.
- Our People are Gems: And we treat each other as such by celebrating our growth and development. We invest in our team and encourage everyone to have both a learners mindset and a willingness to teach others.
- Remarkably Mighty: You'll be intrigued when you take a closer look at Arbor. We approach our work with integrity and thoughtfulness. We are brave, which leads us to take smart risks and make bold discoveries.
- Authenticity is Encouraged: From eating cheese puffs with chopsticks, to doing cartwheels on our balance beam, we're all about embracing your true self and showing up as you really are. Our differences make us extraordinary.
Arbor Biotechnologies is a venture-backed startup based in Cambridge, MA, composed of a small team of scientists and engineers pushing the boundaries of discovery at the intersection of computer science and biotechnology. Using our diverse backgrounds ranging from machine learning to genome engineering to protein biochemistry, we are building a platform to uncover and characterize nature’s inventions on an unprecedented scale to generate impactful applications in human health and sustainability.
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
Arbor Biotechnologies is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.