The National Investment Center for Seniors Housing & Care (NIC), a 501(c)(3) organization, works to enable access and choice by providing data, analytics, and connections that bring together investors and providers.
We deliver the most trusted, objective, and timely insights and implications derived from our analytics, which benefit from NIC’s affiliation with NIC MAP Vision, the leading provider of comprehensive market data for senior housing and skilled nursing properties.
NIC events, which include the industry’s premier conferences, provide sector stakeholders with opportunities to convene, network, and drive thought-leadership through high-quality educational programming.
- Seeking a key contributor interested in a full-time, long-term commitment in an organization that works remotely with a fully distributed marketing team
- Candidate should reside and be authorized to work in the United States and be able to be available for a 9:30 AM ET daily huddle
- We live our values, which are: We Partner with Others, We Take Pride in Our Work, We are Sparks, and We Invest in Ourselves
- Summer hours (Friday afternoons off) from Memorial Day to Labor Day
This position is responsible for conceptualizing and creating creative deliverables in fast-paced remote environment. Provide forward thought leadership and creative direction in management of marketing and branding initiatives across the organization to ensure a proper creative vision that allows NIC to continuously innovate. Lead in the development and execution of thoughtful and imaginative creative solutions that adhere to brand guidelines while challenging our visual aesthetic in ways that are as bold and innovative as our mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with directors, marketing managers, copywriter, marketing specialist, and other subject matter experts on project kickoff and brainstorming sessions, creative briefs, and designs
- Possess a strong design point of view rooted in marketing/business strategy and deploy it through design, layout, print, and creative brand assets from start to finish including print and digital publications and advertising, brand identities, and collateral
- Conceptualize event branding and deploy environmental design through on-site wayfinding, event website, event promotions, sponsorship fulfillment, and more.
- Create website graphic design and structure such as wireframes, storyboards, and user and process workflows for NIC.org and other web properties.
- Organize and manage the workflow of all creative project deliverables by identifying solutions, priorities, and timeline for projects under tight deadlines with ability to pivot as needed
- Ensure all platforms reflect and uphold brand standards and achieve project objectives within budget
- Other duties may be assigned
- Experience creating design for lead generation, conversion, and brand development in both digital and print formats
- A portfolio representing a wide range of work that demonstrates knowledge of visual ideation, typography, color theory and design skills will be required to be sent digitally
- Strong communication skills with an ability to translate business and brand objectives into compelling design
- Possesses a positive attitude, is solutions oriented, enjoys working collaboratively, and excels in a fast-paced, remote environment
- Supervisory experience of graphic designer and freelance resources (e.g. graphic/motion designers, printers, videographer, photographer), required
- Conducts regular one on one meetings with direct reports to maintain open communication, assess workload, and assist with establishing priorities
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive
Ability to travel up to 10% of the year
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA in graphic design or related degree; related work experience considered
- 6+ years graphic design experience both print and digital design, required
- Event/conference brand design and wayfinding experience, desired
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), WordPress, and basic HTML/CSS
- Motion graphic design experience, a plus
- Asana project management experience, desired
- UX/UI experience, desired
- Expert fluency of design fundamentals, pre-press production and printing, required
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work is generally remote but when working in the NIC office environment there may be exposure to moderate noise levels. Work involves operation of personal computer equipment for six to eight hours daily or prolonged periods of time and includes physical demands associated with a traditional office setting, e.g., walking, standing, communicating, and other physical functions as necessary. Physical requirements of this position include the following: Lifting up to 25 lbs