Work Where Science Lives
Linda Hall Library, one of the world’s foremost independent research libraries devoted to science, engineering, and technology, is seeking a Data Analyst to join its Engagement team.
The Linda Hall Library is a guardian of the collective intellectual heritage with regard to science, technology, and engineering disciplines, a destination for advanced research and scholarship, and a center for public education in the sciences. Additionally, the Library’s grounds are maintained as an urban arboretum that is open to the public for education and enjoyment.
A subject matter expert, the Data Analyst is responsible for supporting the goals and objectives of the Library through management, customization, development, implementation, and training related to the Salesforce Not For Profit Success Pack, or other systems. This role will report to the Senior Vice President of Engagement with close working relationships with colleagues in Development, Marketing and Communications, Finance, and IT Services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- CRM Expert: Become a subject matter expert in SalesForce Non-Profit Success Pack and Pardot, and serve as the main resource for training, questions, processes, and protocols to ensure data integrity and acuity.
- Development Operations: Serve as the lead donor database point-of-contact for Development and Marketing and Communications. Assist with donor segmentation strategies that will aid in more personalized solicitations and stewardship communication
- Gift Processing: Maintain and execute gift processing responsibilities as outlined in the approval protocol guidelines related to third party transactions and reporting through integrated software for finance. Collaborate with the finance office in assessing institutional needs and preparing relevant projections and budgets
- Data Integrity: Work closely with IT and Finance to develop and ensure all necessary reporting, security, and records retentions policies are adhered to. Complete regular internal system audits and platform updates
- Data Analytics and Reporting: Regularly analyze data and perform required reporting data & insights dashboards as needed. Build and produce reports, dashboards, workflows, and capacity audits as needed
- Integrations and Administration: Manage integration of third-party software aligned with the database and marketing automation tools. Research and regularly recommend new and emerging best practices to leverage the automation functionalities of the acquired software applications.
- A bachelor’s degree is required, an advanced degree and/or technology certification are beneficial.
- At least 5 years of professional experience, in related field preferred.
- Experience with SalesForce, Pardot, and/or other applicable CRM’s and marketing automation tools required. SalesForce Non-profit success pack and marketing automation experience a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption.
- Strong understanding of CRM Best practices and functionality.
- Ability to build custom reports, apps and objects, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity within Salesforce and create custom dashboards with excel required.
1. Analytical: Breaks complex ideas or situations into component parts and uses logic to understand how each component works. Uses data and observation to evaluate options, test solutions, and anticipate outcomes
2. Attention to Detail: Produces quality outcomes by vigilantly checking all aspects of work to ensure accuracy, completeness, and freedom from errors or omissions
3. Flexibility: Is open to alternate courses of action and is willing to share time and expertise to support ideas that are not completely defined.
4. Consulting & Advising: Uses technical and/or process expertise to provide guidance and help others identify opportunities, resolve challenges, and transfer knowledge.
5. Systems Thinking: Views organizations holistically and understands interdependences between people, tasks, power, and resources. Identifies connections between system components and understands how a change in one component affects the others.
6. Institutional Knowledge: Aware of Library activities, resources, structures and business processes inside and outside of own department.
This is not a remote work position. Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Local candidates only.
Culture and Perks
- Tranquil Environment: Work in an atmosphere of learning, a space that is conducive to both quiet contemplation and spirited collaboration. With over 220, 000 square feet of library space, the Library offers large workspaces with natural light and amazing views of the Linda Hall Arboretum.
- Generous Paid Time Off: Full-time employees a rich paid time off benefit and a holiday schedule that includes two floating holidays. Unlike many public libraries, we are closed weekends and most evenings and offer flexible schedules.
- Robust Retirement Plan: The Library invests in the future of our employees and offers a substantial contribution to retirement savings in the form of an employer contribution and a match.
- Commitment to Learning: Linda Hall Library encourages lifelong learning and advances professional development in the forms of training, conferences, professional memberships, and other development opportunities.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Unbeatable Location: Linda Hall is in the cultural heart of the city, within walking distance to Kansas City’s leading museums, verdant fountains and parks, and best local restaurants and shopping destinations.
The Linda Hall Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
The Linda Hall Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.