Locations: Genesee, Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Kent, Ingham and Washtenaw
Canvassers will conduct door to door outreach to eligible voters in over 7 counties. Canvassers to inform them about the coming election, register those to vote who are unregistered, and provide other important information about the issues Michigan United and Michigan People’s Campaign organizes around.
Strong candidates for this position believe all residents should be civically engaged and willing to have conversations about civic participation. Individuals who are underrepresented on the basis of racial, ethnic, economic, and sexual orientation(s), as well as those who share the life experiences of the members we serve, are encouraged to apply.
- Door to door outreach; conversations with residents
- Phone and text banking
- Daily reporting of outreach activities
- Participate in public education events on the issues
- Recruit leaders to participate in political committees in targeted areas across Michigan
- Work on turnout related to organization events
- Collect petition signatures
- Stipends: Cell phone stipend of $300.04 annualized per year (11.54 a pay period) a month
- Mileage Reimbursement, if a driver for the team
- An hour (1) of sick time is accrued for every 29 hours worked and COVID sick time contingency is offered
- Office & field environment with moderate amounts of standing, walking, climbing stairs, ability to lift 25 lbs
- Normal business hours, some additional hours required with occasional weekend activities. Hours may expand closer to the election
- Submit resume and two references (one work related, one personal)
- Please submit all application using the apply link, if you’re unable to upload documents please email the materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- Ability to stand/walk for multiple hours daily
- Serious about achieving both qualitative and quantitative goals.
- Smartphone and familiarity with smartphone functionality
- Reliable daily transportation
- Paid or volunteer canvassing/electoral/community organizing or related experience.