Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Program: Counseling and Treatment Center (CTC)
Classification: Non-exempt, Part Time
Salary: $15-$16.50; Commensurate with Experience
Summary and Range of Authority: Our Counseling and Treatment Center (CTC) provides supportive services in a safe and culturally sensitive environment for individuals who are experiencing emotional distress. Services are culturally and linguistically appropriate in order to meet the unique needs that are connected to the tradition and culture of an individual. We serve those ages 18 and older who have been diagnosed with a Severe Mental illness and provide services which include therapy, groups, case management, employment support, and medication management. Under the direction of the Program Manager, and Office Manager, the Administrative Assistant provides support to the clients, team and program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support to the program by typing, filing, duplication, faxing and other duties as requested
- Collects time sheets, prepares accrual sheets for payroll and prepares check requests as needed
- Prepares electronic schedule for MD and RN/LVN appointments
- Prepare charts for psychiatry visits and nurse visits
- Collect data and generate reports needed for program
- Create forms, tracking logs, etc., in support of meeting contract requirements and increasing efficiency
- Greets clients and visitors in a professional manner
- Using a multi-line phone, answer calls in a professional manner, take accurate messages and/or direct calls appropriately
- Maintains reception area in an organized and professional manner
- Maintains adequate copies of program brochures, client written materials and program required forms
- Sort mail, memos and incoming faxes and distribute to appropriate staff
- Maintain accurate list of office phone extensions, staff schedules, and other office schedules
- Utilize Cerner, Electronic Health Record System, for scheduling and tracking of clients in the program
- Works with Office Manager/Lead staff in obtaining and ordering office supplies and coordinate any required repairs of office equipment
- Act as a courier to deliver and pick-up mail between program and other UPAC offices
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education, Certifications/Licenses and Language/Cultural Skills:
- High School diploma or equivalent
Minimum Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Experience as an administrative assistant, clerk or receptionist
- Experience in data entry.
- Familiarity with computer applications including spreadsheets and word processing.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to input electronic data accurately.
- Efficient time management skills and reliability in meeting deadlines.
- Effective communication skills.
- Works well independently and within a team.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with regard to sensitive or proprietary information
- Will not be debarred or excluded from participation in Federal programs by the General Services Administration and/or the Department of Health and Human Services of the Inspector General
- Must pass background check (Live Scan Fingerprint).
- Must be able to drive (when needed) for business purposes to other program locations in San Diego County. If employee drives his/her personal automobile for UPAC business, employee must have valid California driver’s license and comprehensive automobile insurance coverage, as required by law.
Additional Preferred Education or Qualifications:
- Bilingual- Asian or Pacific Islander language preferred
- Experience in working with County Contracted Behavioral Health Services
- Experience with Cerner (formerly Anasazi), Electronic Health Record System