SEPI is seeking a Transportation Engineer/Project Manager to assist our growing Transportation team. Our Transportation team works on a wide variety of projects such as widening, intersections, pedestrian and bicycle facilities, roundabouts, greenways, and urban sidewalks. These projects will offer the selected candidate an excellent career path to broaden their professional experience, project management skills, and marketing acumen. The selected candidate will be working in a collaborative environment with planners, engineers, designers, traffic professionals, surveyors, and water resources team to develop design plans for transportation projects.
- Serve as the Project Engineer and/or Project Manager for transportation design projects.
- Prepare horizontal and vertical alignments as well as roadway plans production utilizing Microstation, Geopak, OpenRoads and 3D-Modeling.
- Provide technical assistance with the development of sidewalk, greenway, and roadway design plans.
- Work closely with the Roadway Department Manager and Transportation Practice Leader to plan, organize, and direct project related activities related to transportation planning and design projects.
- Assist with and participate in the development of the work plan; assign work activities, projects, and programs; monitor workflow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures
- Assist in the preparation of project budgets; assist in budget implementation; participate in the forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; administer approved budget; monitor and control expenses.
- Assist in the preparation of cost estimates, project implementation schedules, funding plans, project objectives, and analysis of project benefits
- Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management.
Machines, Tools and Equipment:
- Operate standard office equipment (i.e., personal computer, facsimile, copy machine, etc.)
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- A Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree from a 4-5 year ABET-accredited engineering school or university program. A Master’s degree is a plus;
- At least five years’ experience in preparation of local, state, or federally funded transportation design plans;
- A valid NC Professional Engineering (PE) license is required, or the ability to acquire NC Licensure within six (6) months of employment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel
- Must be highly detail oriented and possess excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks as assigned.
- Must communicate well with others.
- Must be able to work independently and manage time wisely.
- Microstation ORD or AutoCad Civil 3D software skills preferred.
- Talk, hear, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 15 pounds occasionally.
- Work in indoor office environment 90% of the time.
- Moderate noise level
- Travel via automobile on occasion as needed.