Schedule: Full-Time ( Tues – Sat )
Reports to: Senior Manager of Continuing Education
The International Center of Photography (ICP) is the world’s leading institution dedicated to photography and visual culture. Through our exhibitions, education, public programs, and community outreach, we offer an open forum for dialogue about the power of the image. Since our founding in 1974, we have presented more than 700 exhibitions and offered thousands of classes, providing instruction at every level. Our new integrated center on the Lower East Side reunites our school and museum in one space to become the cultural anchor of Essex Crossing.
The Continuing Education Registrar is a highly visible position in an active office, assisting with the ongoing activities of the Continuing Education Department for the ICP School. Responsibilities include: greeting and welcoming current and prospective students, reviewing student portfolios, overseeing all aspects of class registrations for Continuing Education, and supporting the administrative responsibilities associated with ICP’s Part Time Programs, processing withdrawal and refund requests and entering course information into the registration system, AceWare. This position requires significant interaction with prospective students, active students, faculty and staff.
Essential Functions and Duties:
Continuing Education Registrar
- Assists with all aspects of Continuing Education class registration and uses the database AceWare to provide guidance and structure to support CE students.
- Oversees prospective student portfolio review process by responding to all inquiries and meeting with students in-person
- Assist the CE Manager and the Director of Education to develop sales strategies in order to help improve enrollment figures
- Answers public inquiries via phone, e-mail and in-person
- Oversees class withdrawal process for all CE students and works closely with finance to ensure proper refunds are allocated
- Following the term schedule the Registrar will be responsible for inputting all CE course data, proofing and opening courses. Provides assistance and training on all aspects of class registration to other CE and VE staff.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities :
- Bachelors Degree required
Minimum Experience Requirement:
- 2 to 3 years of office and administration experience necessary, background in sales a plus.
- Experience using a complex database, educational systems preferred
- Experienced photographer/photography skills
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses or Certifications required:
Additional Competency Requirement (Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Strong people skills
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Excellent computer skills - word processing; database; excel etc.
- Solid administrative and clerical skills
- Excellent organizational skills, including solid follow-through
- Knowledge of photography preferred
- Desire to work as an active team member
- Commitment to providing superior customer service
- Database management experience preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate and exchange information.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is require to spend prolonged periods of time utilizing computer.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to operate, activate, and use office equipment.
- The employee must occasionally move throughout ICP’s spaces to document events.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Special Environmental Factors: (Nature of the work environment)
- The employee is required to work in the general public environment (face to face contact with public).
- COVID-19 Vaccination Required - As per the recent New York City mandate “KEY to NEW YORK,” All staff working in our indoor facility are required to show proof they have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized for emergency use by the FDA or WHO.
Compensation and Benefits
ICP provides its staff with a generous benefits package featuring medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, pre-tax transit and flexible spending programs, and 403(b) pension plan. To learn more click here.
Pay will be competitive and commensurate with experience.