2nd Shift (Swing)
MDC Precision is a world leader in delivering high-quality products to the research, semiconductor, aerospace, life sciences, and food processing sectors.
Our customers rely on us to provide the precision components that are required for the operation at the atomic scale. We enable innovation by bringing our expertise in vacuum science, ultrapure and ultra-hygienic materials fabrication, ceramic-to-metal sealing along with our design and manufacturing partnerships- all to enable science to change the world for the better.
- At least two (2) years of experience in handling the responsibilities outlined above.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 a plus.
- Understanding of semi-conductor customer FAIR requirements
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
- Able to work with a team in order to promote process improvement
- Able to effectively present information to management
- Able to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
- Able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form while dealing with several abstract and concrete variables
- Proficient in PC computer skills including the ability to navigate an ERP System
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel
- Perform other duties as assigned
Function & Responsibility
Assists with the management of the QMS by performing a broad spectrum of tasks within the Quality Department.
- Complete and submit Customer First Articles using both internal and external methods for submittal
- Manage the calibration system and ensure all measurement equipment is approved for use; all out of spec units are disposed of
- Drive Continuous Improvement efforts for products and processes using 8D and other root cause techniques.
- Audit and monitor quality requirements in accordance with the company quality assurance policies and customer specifications
- Conduct, document, and report inspection findings and results and monitor corrective actions to inspection findings
- Read and interpret specifications and blueprints of parts
- Perform product identification and traceability activities, as required
- Work with other company personnel to resolve inspection questions. Communicate with project engineers to ensure schematics are in compliance with the final product.
- Aid in training staff in quality assurance techniques
- Use the ERP system and various databases to investigate, monitor, and document concerns
- Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations
- Perform internal audits per ISO 9001, internal requirements, and customer requirements
- Initiate stock purges as necessary
Job Type: Full-time