The Parish Catechetical Leader, under direction of the pastor, is responsible for the overall direction of the parish's total catechetical ministry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Envisions, plans, develops, and then organizes and evaluates all facets of the parish's formation programming (adult, young adult, adolescent/youth, children, infants, and family as well as sacramental preparation for initiation - including the catechumenate - and proximate preparation for marriage).
- Coordinates, recruits, facilitates training for, and evaluates catechists and volunteers involved in catechetical programming. Researches and selects appropriate materials and media for parish use.
- Communicates with parishioners, parish staff, and diocesan representatives on relevant matters.
- Stays current regarding developments or trends in the field of catechetics, education, and ministry.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Theology, Religious Education, or related area from accredited university. Master's Degree in related field preferred.
- The ideal candidate will desire to grow the current Religious Education program through personal contact with parishioners, will desire to expand volunteer participation within the program.
- Must be comfortable speaking publicly, have a creative vision, and work well with various personalities.
- This position requires weekend work and frequent evenings to accommodate a variety of youth and adult faith formation opportunities.
- Position reports directly to the pastor.