SSPCA Job Description
Job Title: Part Time Staff Accounting Technician
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Performs a variety of accounting duties.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Assists in processing a variety of accounting transactions including deposits and expenses in
accordance with department procedures.
2. Maintains accounting files.
3. Scans accounting documents for archival purposes.
4. Checks and verifies accounting data.
5. Inputs data into computerized accounting system and utilizes system to research questions and to
6. Matches invoices/statements with supporting documentation such as purchase orders and receipts.
7. Reviews general ledger coding of transactions to be in accordance with generally accepted
8. Manages due dates on invoices to accommodate cash flow needs
9. Must be punctual and maintain regular, predictable attendance.
10. Assists with Special Events of the Organization usually helping lead in the cashiering area.
11. Completes special projects to assist with accounting needs of Department
Additional Duties and responsibilities:
1. Provides accurate information and friendly professional service to the public and to coworkers in a
responsive, positive, courteous, truthful and tactful manner.
2. Maintains standards of conduct (see employee handbook) and does not participate in gossip, and
has the ability to follow the chain of command and work well with others.
3. Treats all animals humanely, with compassion and concern, both on and off the job and transmits
these values to others.
4. Attends training as required.
5. Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety
laws and all of the employer’s safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety
violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
1. May be exposed to hostile or abusive members of the public. Must be able to deal with an often
times emotion-charged public and carry a fast paced and changing work load which at times can
2. By nature of the industry, there may be occasional exposure to dead, injured, sick, unruly, vicious,
and/or dangerous animals in addition to exposure to parasites and to infectious diseases.
3. Must be available and willing to work such weekends, holidays, overtime, and attend mandatory
training and meetings as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet its business
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed
by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties
and responsibilities to this job at any time. Either employer or employee may terminate the
employment relationship at any time with or without notice and with or without cause.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to effectively operate a personal computer, copy machine and telephone system.
2. Intermediate knowledge of Excel and Word.
3. Ability to get along and work effectively with the public, management, fellow employees,
volunteers, and other agencies and groups.
4. Have a valid California Drivers license, and clear driving record for one year prior to employment
in order to operate SSPCA automatic and standard transmission vehicles.
Education and Experience:
1. High school graduate or GED equivalent.
1. Use hands/arms for repetitive grasping, pushing pulling, and fine manipulation. This job involves
extensive use of computers for analysis, report writing, e-mail communication, as well as use of
2. Allergic condition which would be aggravated from exposure or through contact with animals or
chemicals used to sanitize facilities, vehicles, or equipment may be a disqualification.
3. Occasional bending, squatting, and lifting items up to 25 pounds.