We have an immediate need in our Ft. Lauderdale, FL office for a seasoned professional with a background in Land Development. The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of progressive leadership within the Land Development (LD) industry, preferably in southeast FL, with a demonstrated history of positive Client relationships and project management. This Ft. Lauderdale-based LD Department Manager will be instrumental in managing and growing SEPI’s LD market presence and project portfolio. This professional will work collaboratively with the Florida LD Practice Builder to develop and execute strategies for effective Business Development and Client Relations activities, as well as the financial performance of LD operations within the Ft. Lauderdale, FL office. The Ft. Lauderdale-based LD Department Manager will also coordinate various LD-related production efforts with other SEPI Practice Leaders, Project Managers, Environmental Scientists, Landscape Architects, and Surveyors with a focus on Quality Assurance (QA) for private, state, municipal and federal sector clients. This exciting position will lead the proposal process for both public and private LD projects including pursuit strategy, developing scope and fee, coordination with other departments, and managing Client expectations. It is the objective for this key professional to help establish SEPI as the premier LD professional services consultant across southeast FL. Come grow your career with SEPI!
- Department Management
- Determines labor, resource, and financial needs of the Ft. Lauderdale LD Department. Assists Florida LD Practice Leader with quarterly budgeting for the Florida LD Practice, assists the Florida LD Practice Leader with key hiring decisions, act as a mentor to LD staff; evaluates performance of Ft. Lauderdale LD staff in conjunction with the Florida LD Practice Leader; lead or participate in regular staff and corporate meetings, keep current with innovation and trends within the industry.
- Project Design
- Promotes, establishes, and assures quality on all projects and work performed by our Ft. Lauderdale-based LD team; assigns LD personnel to project teams; develops fee and scope proposals for projects; monitors project production and schedules to ensure projects are completed on schedule; performs technical reviews of project documents; and supervises other engineers, senior designers, designers, junior designers, Civil Analysts, and CAD Technicians within the Palmetto, FL-based LD group.
- Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors; and
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management.
Machines, Tools and Equipment:
- Operate standard office equipment (i.e., personal computer, facsimile, copy machine, etc.).
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
- A Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree from a 4-5 year ABET-accredited engineering school or university program. A Master’s degree is a plus;
- Ten (10) or more years of direct professional southeastern FL-based LD experience; and
- A valid FL Professional Engineering (PE) license is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D, Bluebeam, and the Microsoft Office Suite, knowledge and scheduling platforms is a plus;
- Possess effective Client Relations and public speaking capabilities;
- Possess effective written communication skills;
- Highly detail-oriented and possess excellent organizational skills;
- Possess a focus on quality and the ability to perform quality control review;
- Able to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment; and
- Able to work independently, manage a team, and schedule and manage time wisely.
- Talk, hear, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach; and
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 10-25 pounds occasionally.
- Work in indoor office environment 90% of the time;
- Moderate noise level; and
- Travel via automobile or airline on occasion as needed.