Tarragon Property Services is recognized as one of the leaders in managing industrial, retail and multifamily properties in the Pacific Northwest, Tarragon Property Services is a locally owned property management company with more than 35 years of experience. Through our affiliated companies, our ownership develops the properties we manage, which supports our long-term investment in the communities where our valued tenants choose to operate their business. We strive to build lasting value and relationships in real estate for generations.
The Property Manager helps to ensure long-term occupancy of assigned properties by providing leadership to their team, delivering the highest level of service to its tenants, maintaining its overall appearance and “curb appeal”, and managing its operating costs and capital expenditures.
- Responds to and resolves tenant concerns; meets with tenants as required to ensure that tenant needs are met, and high-quality property management service is achieved.
- Prepare detailed monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and analyze budgets, leases, and related building documents.
- Lead the property management team to ensure budgeted maintenance, repairs and capital projects are performed on schedule.
- Interface with property vendors and contractors to ensure prompt response to maintenance issues.
- Ensure contracted vendor services are performed on schedule and on budget, ensuring services meet contract specifications.
- Review contract specifications and make recommendations to General Manager for necessary changes or updates.
- Request/review/recommend bids for contracted services.
- Generate Master Service contracts, as needed, for review by General Manager.
- Partner with the property management team or contracted vendors to schedule repairs and work orders.
- Act proactively to identify opportunities to add value to assigned portfolio.
- Provide leadership to property management team and creating a positive work environment.
Financial and Reporting:
- Be the point person and partner with General Manager, Property Accountants, and other support staff to prepare annual property budgets.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports, including executive summary, variance comments, AR narrative, and reforecasting.
- Prepare and present annual operating budgets, including income, expenses, escalations and capital.
- Review and approve, within prescribed limits of authority, vendor invoices.
- Be the point person and partner with General Manager to prepare annual CAM estimates and reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly accruals for Property Accountants.
- Review monthly operating statements and prepare operational narrative report for Asset Manager.
- 5+ years Commercial Property Management experience.
- Prior management of staff.
- Demonstrated financial analysis skills and understanding of the budgeting process.
- Experience calculating CAM estimates and reconciliations are a must.
- Knowledge of Property Management processes and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to be self-directed.
- Must be pro-active and results oriented with a professional appearance and attitude.
- Proficiency in MS Office, experience with Yardi strongly preferred.
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced work environment and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand and abstract leases and contracts, review plans and specifications, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a team environment and proactively problem solve.
- Ability to work outside of normal office hours to meet various deadlines.
- Willingness and demonstration of professional development and continual learning.
- Must have working vehicle, ability to travel locally, valid driver license and current auto insurance.
Why work for TPS?
- Health Insurance including Dental & Vision Insurance + FSA
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Competitive salary
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Support employee development and professional organizational memberships
- We encourage career growth
Tarragon Property Services will require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This requirement extends to all exempt and nonexempt employees. Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination by time of hire is a condition of employment – not a condition of applying or interviewing for jobs with Tarragon Property Services.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.