The Day Camp Coordinator serves as part of the Camp Team to ensure volunteer led day camps across Western Washington receive consistent, quality support while planning and executing summer camp for up to 4000 campers. The Day Camp Coordinator provides administrative and logistical support to the Camp Department staff and volunteers. In addition, the Day Camp Coordinator will travel across Western Washington to visit Day Camps during the summer. This is regular, part-time, remote position in Washington. This position does require this person to be a WA resident. Current pay rate for this position is $21.42
· Assist our Volunteer-Led Camp Community by using email and telephone communication to help households complete the membership registration process. Tasks include, but are not limited to, requesting personal information, utilizing the customer relations system, keeping meticulous notes while supporting the qualification process for volunteers.
· Comprehensive understanding of business processes relating to Girl Scouts’ Volunteer-Led registration.
· Responsible for registration support, membership management and background screening for volunteers assisting with volunteer-led camps
· Collaborates with Lead Placement Specialist and Sr Director of Volunteer Led Camping to ensure girls and volunteers are receiving what they need. Prepares reports used to evaluate and analyze trends.
· Coordinate, and facilitate Program Aide Training for Day and Twilight Camps but also for the rest of council.
· Develop and/or update training and support documents to ensure day camp paperwork is up-to-date.
· Travel in Western Washington to visit camps during the summer
· Prior experience with Girl Scouts programming and terminology preferred.
· Availability to work varied hours including nights and weekends as necessary to accommodate the requirements of the job
· This position will preclude extended time away from work April – July
· This position will require a working vehicle and a driver’s license that can be insured by GSUSA
· Other duties as assigned.
· Minimum high school diploma plus experience working with the public, parents, and youth
· Prefer Associates degree in business, youth development or related degree
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and document customer interactions
· Demonstrated success working in cross-functional teams
· Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
· Ability to stay on task without daily supervision
· Demonstrate good grasp on MS Suite, including Excel and Outlook
· Demonstrated commitment to support and enhance the diversity and cultural and global awareness of volunteers, capers and staff members
· Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, prioritize and meet deadlines, stay organized, take initiative, and work independently in a fast paced and challenging work environment
· Valid Washington State driver’s license, vehicle in working condition, proof of insurance or the ability to fulfill timely travel requirements across widespread regional geography.
· Maintain membership in Girl Scouts of the United States of America (part of Staff onboarding)
· Satisfactory results from criminal background search
NOTE: Due to the nature of the primary function of this position- supporting our volunteer-led summer camps- vacation time may not be requested during the months of June, July, or August.