30-35 Hours Per Week
The Customer Service Associate must demonstrate the ability to be open to give and receive feedback in a respectful manner, be an active and respectful listener, be encouraging and supportive of new ideas and suggestions, be a user and receiver of varied means of communication and be consistent in their delivery of service and interactions with members and colleagues. They must also be timely, specific & clear with expectations, and hold one-self and others accountable. These leadership qualities are expectations of the position and help the Levine JCC to maintain integrity and build a cohesive team.
To provide high level customer service in all functions of the Customer Service Center and Outdoor Aquatics Entrance, related to programs, classes, and member services, on a daily and annual basis. This delivery of service includes our member services as well as greeting on arrival and dismissal, prompt communication in all channels, point of sale, mitigation and resolution of customer concerns and needs, and will ensure the smooth functioning and delivery of the Levine JCC programs, classes, and services, for our members, program users, and guests and that the highest level of customer service is met.
The Customer Service Associate promotes cooperation, participation and harmony within the Customer Service department and the LJCC as a whole, creating a sense of collegiality and professionalism in the team environment. The Customer Service Associate is part of the LJCC Staff team and participates in Staff meetings and other varied forms of communication. They will participate in center-wide organizational tasks and program delivery as directed by the Senior Director of Member Engagement or Senior Leadership of the LJCC.
The Customer Service Associate is responsible for the delivery of Customer Service to members, program users, guests, and visitors to the LJCC and Shalom Park. They will provide service at the Customer Service Center and/or Outdoor Aquatics Entrance and for the delivery of all customer service program functions, including systems implementation, and operation of the Customer Service department in accordance with the policies and philosophy of the Levine JCC.
- Ensure that every LJCC member, program user, and guest is individually greeted upon every entry and exit into the Levine JCC in a professional, courteous and cheerful manner.
- Answer incoming telephone calls in a professional, courteous manner and direct or transfer the customer to the appropriate person/agency.
- Provide direct service as a member of the Customer Service staff.
- Ensure point of sale transactions are processed promptly and efficiently.
- Ensure the timely passing of information to and from LJCC program departments through work with staff and members, as well as partner agencies and organizations, to ensure that members, program users, community members and guests receive accurate and timely information regarding LJCC programs, classes and services.
- Provide correct information to customers regarding activities, programs, and membership services offered at the Levine JCC in a proactive manner. Ensure all other Customer Service department staff have access to and are able to correctly relay this information.
- Positively promote LJCC classes, programs and services to ensure that programmatic purchases are made and to ensure that sales increase.
- Ensure for your professional growth by participating in regular direct supervision meetings, professional development seminars, orientations, and trainings to ensure the highest levels of customer service delivery and standards are met.
- Ensure the Senior Director of Member Engagement is informed in instances where the Customer Service Center and Outdoor Aquatics Entrance do not have necessary supplies to deliver their job functions.
- Ensure for the preparation of the work space and cleanliness and organization of the Customer Service Center and Outdoor Aquatics Entrance as necessary.
- Be proficient with our Accrisoft (CRM Software) including, but not limited to, member check-in, program registration, fee collection, overrides, adjustments, vouchers, court and babysitting reservations, membership photos/cards and information procurement. *We will train you in Accrisoft.*
- Become fully versed in and display an ability to execute current LJCC and FSP security and emergency rules and regulations effectively.
- Ensure that all member and agency information is kept in strict confidentiality.
- Maintain accountability for all Customer Service Center and Outdoor Aquatics Entrance operations. Manage daily intake of money at the desk and resolve any reconciliation inconsistencies.
- Assist the Membership Department in signing up prospective members.
- Resolve conflicts in a professional manner and assist staff with resolving any member conflicts in a professional manner. Display sound judgment in all interactions with members and staff and react quickly and appropriately under pressure.
- Perform other duties and assume additional responsibilities as needed under the direction of the Senior Director of Member Engagement or the Senior Leadership Staff of the LJCC.
Minimum of 1-5 years’ experience in customer service and administration in a community based setting.
3-5 years of experience in CRM system use, knowledge, and operation.
Demonstrate proficiency with computer software: including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. Proficiency with Accrisoft system is a plus; however, training on this system will be provided as needed.
Demonstrate effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and customer-service orientation with specific strength in diplomacy and discretion strongly preferred.
Demonstrate ability to work effectively, both independently and as part of a team; display sound judgment and work well with all Customer Service Staff, LJCC departments and Shalom Park agencies.