St. James Catholic School—Elementary Position
St. James Catholic School in St. Joseph, Missouri is seeking candidates for an elementary teacher opening for the 2022-2023 school year. The teacher fulfills the mission of the Catholic Church by planning, guiding, and evaluating the learning process of the students within the framework of the school's philosophy, organization, and curriculum. The teacher provides the appropriate learning atmosphere and activities designed to maximize student competencies and skills for intellectual, emotional, physical, social, and spiritual growth. The teacher has decision making responsibilities in keeping with school policies and the Diocesan Administrative Manual. The position is hired and evaluated by the principal. Knowledge and experience with Catholic Liberal Education (classical education) is preferred.
- Perform a variety of duties as assigned by building administration.
- Demonstrate professional responsibility in confidentiality, sound judgment, dress, enforcing diocesan and school policies and general behavior.
- Manage inappropriate behavior and set high behavior standards within the classroom and building.
- Assess and monitor student progress.
- Promote positive relationships and effective communication with all staff, parents, and students.
- Prepare and implement effective lessons using the diocesan standards and
- Being an active member of a faith community and be a model of the teaching of Jesus.
- Supports and upholds the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school.
- Trained in Protecting Gods Children
- A valid teaching certificate (preferred)
- A Bachelor degree in education from an accredited university
- All employees are required to acknowledge/sign the Ethics and Integrity in Ministry (ethics) policy, which can be found at www.kcsjcatholic.org
Please send resume and cover letter to Jennifer Saunders, St. James Principal, to get the process started: firstname.lastname@example.org