Excelerate Energy is changing the way the world accesses clean, affordable, and reliable energy. We are focused on providing flexible LNG solutions to emerging markets across the globe and delivering a lesser emitting form of energy to markets that often rely on coal as their primary energy source.
We strive to achieve sustainable results by delivering what we promise and by investing in our people, assets, and technology while promoting a culture of safety, quality, and environmental stewardship.
We believe our human capital is our most valuabe asset. We hire exceptional people who thrive in a dynamic and collaborative work environment. We are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). Together, we can create a better future by delivering clean energy to the communities that need it most.
About the Role:
The Senior Accountant reports to the Sr. Manager, International Accounting and prepares accounting transactions and reconciliations for both corporate and international entities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following activities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions:
- Revenue recognition: Ensure the timely recognition of the different revenue components and related items such as prepayments, deferred income for charter fees, and rebilling of other expenses under the charter agreements such as crewing costs etc.
- Contract Reviews: Perform contract reviews and Sales Orders to ensure compliance with GAAP and company revenue policies while ensuring the correct setup in the accounting system.
- Inventory: Review transactions related to purchases and onboard fuel consumption as well as LNG cargos to ensure timeliness and completeness.
- Analysis: Prepare analyses as needed to ensure the accuracy of revenue in our financial statements and disclosures. Reconcile and research monthly revenue discrepancies.
- Intercompany/cash: Review transactions, reconciliations, and eliminations of transactions for both domestic and international subsidiaries comprising cash transfers recharges between related parties, and other cash transactions in order to ensure timeliness, completeness, and accuracy.
- Monthly close: Actively participate in monthly closing duties involving preparation of journal entries, accruals, posting and reviewing financial data. Prepare account reconciliations in accordance with US GAAP. Adhere to Company policies regarding closing processes, timelines, account reconciliation procedures, and standards.
- Audit Support: Support monthly/quarterly reviews, and annual corporate audits and provide support to foreign subsidiary Controllers with Corporate level requirements as needed for statutory audits.
- Reconciliation USGAAP & IFRS: Assistance with the reconciliation of account balances of foreign subsidiaries between IFRS and USGAAP.
- SOX: Assist with the implementation, compliance, and maintenance of Sarbanes Oxley requirements around revenue. Maintain and update the revenue Risk and Control Matrix. Participate in revenue walkthrough meetings with internal and external auditors; create and maintain process flow diagrams and narratives.
- Support other ad hoc projects in the Revenue Accounting team and International Accounting.
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or related discipline required. MBA/MS and/or CPA preferred.
- Requires at least 5 to 7 years of relevant financial experience.
- Proficiency in SAP with a strong working knowledge of SAP
- A proficient level of experience with Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.) is strongly preferred.
- Revenue and International accounting experience, are highly desirable.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required with the ability to draw insights from financial data.
- A strong work ethic and sense of urgency are required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are required.
- Customer service orientation, with excellent follow-up and follow-through expected.
- Demonstrated understanding of accounting and financial principles (IFRS and/or US GAAP).
- Strong influencing, collaboration, and critical thinking skills are required.
This role has no supervisory responsibility.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Less than 10%
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship. Sponsorship for this role is not being offered at this time.
Affirmative Action / EEO Statement
It is the policy of Excelerate Energy to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.