About YWCA South Hampton Roads
YWCA South Hampton Roads (YWCA SHR) is the oldest and largest multicultural women’s organization in the world. YWCA SHR is dedicated to the fullness of its mission to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
Serving approximately 8,000 individuals each year, YWCA SHR is a source of strength, courage and empowerment for women and families facing crisis. We are a community catalyst for meaningful change and the advocate for shaping vital impact through quality services responding to the critical needs of survivors of sexual violence and domestic violence. YWCA SHR works across racial, gender, religious and social lines with organizations-partners in all sectors to educate about disparities, advocate for change and provide resources and tools to dismantle oppressive systems.
YWCA SHR is in the midst of a rapid transformation from a well-established direct service provider for women and families facing crisis to an organization working at the intersection of eliminating racism, empowering women and standing up for social justice, helping families and strengthening our community.
About the Position
Under general supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Finance is responsible for overseeing the financial operations and financial planning of the YWCA SHR.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
· Manages the overall integrity and accuracy of YWCA SHR financials including day to day payables, receivables, month end close, monthly reporting, and annual financials
· Leads the annual audit and annual 990 tax filings with the assistance of the association’s external auditors
· Develops the annual budget by department and performs monthly variance analysis
· Manages relationships with all banking, investment and credit card vendors
· Collaborates with all YWCA SHR departments for accuracy in financial reports, expense reimbursements and spending within their departments
· Assists Human Resources with payroll processing and payroll data
· Oversees and manages the timely submission of grants, including working with the
CEO, COO, program managers, and other staff to complete the narrative, while preparing budgets and related documents for application
· Oversees the administration of local, state, and federal grants and foundation awards
· Prepares and submits grant reports (financial and narrative) and other required paperwork
· Works closely with Development/Advancement department for fundraising efforts, database tracking of donations and community grant applications
· Works with project managers and other staff to meet deliverable and reporting deadlines
and to stay on budget
Strategic Financial Planning
· Identifies and recommends process improvements across the association including the development of systems for grant and contract management
· Conducts financial analyses including revenue/cost analysis, trend analysis, forecasting, budgeting, and grant funding/spend-down
· Coordinates with leadership team to evaluate opportunities and manage risks
Annual Financial Audit
· Leads and coordinates the annual audit process: work with external auditors, the Finance
Committee, and CEO
· Responds to all audit queries, prepares and reviews financial statements and 990 filings
· Works with the CEO to address issues and recommendations resulting from the audit
· Oversees the processing and reconciliation of monthly billings and the preparation of vouchers for payments and administrative fees for all group plans
· Monitors administrative costs of benefits programs. Prepare budgetary recommendations and assist in the monitoring, verifying and reconciling of budgeted funds
· Creates and maintains financial policies and procedures that adhere to all local, state and federal grant and other guidelines
· Oversees the compliance of contracts and MOU’s with vendors and grant providers for organizational function, activities, and programs
· Maintains and safeguards confidential information on behalf of the YWCA SHR
· Participates on the association's Executive Team, Leadership Team, Board Finance Committee and other association committees, as needed
· Provides association and Board training regarding YWCA SHR financials
· Attends team member meetings and related professional activities as assigned
· Contributes to and informs on strategic program planning and related goal setting that aligns with association 's strategic plan and overall mission
· Oversees the implementation of daily operating procedures and administrative functions for Finance department
· Performs other duties as assigned
We will consider exceptional candidates who demonstrate a strong combination of the specific qualifications and skills described below.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field required.
· A minimum of 5 years experience in financial management or two years of financial management experience with an advanced degree required.
· Experience with project or grant management required.
· Experience with QuickBooks preferred.
· Must successfully pass a criminal background check
Skills and Competencies
· Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
· Must be a self-starter able to complete tasks with minimal direction
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Attention to detail extremely important for data entry and record keeping
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office – particularly Excel
· Team player - able to collaborate across multiple departments
· High level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
· Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate issues to all levels of management
· A high degree of personal and professional integrity and commitment to ethical standards
· Must be able to maintain confidential information
· Must have an excellent driving record and have a valid driver's license; certificate of insurance from an insurance carrier licensed in the State of Virginia
· Travel is required and access to reliable transportation is essential
The Director of Finance is expected to model the YWCA SHR Core Values:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in a typical office environment with a high standard of confidentiality.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position is responsible for the oversight of a Human Resources/Accounting Specialist. This includes general coaching and mentoring, annual performance reviews, goal creation and tracking, timesheet review, new staff onboarding and 90-day review and training as necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
· Ability to travel in varying weather conditions.
· Must have the use of sensory skills in order to effectively communicate and interact with other employees and the public through the use of the telephone and personal contact as normally defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle or feel objects and controls
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
o Frequently walk, use hands and fingers effectively, climb a ladder, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and talks or hears
o Often required to stand and sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat or crawl
o Ability to lift and carry up to 60 pounds
o Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
o The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud
o Physical capability to effectively use and operate various items of office related equipment, such as but not limited to, a personal computer, calculator, copier and fax machine
COMPENSATION: This position offers a hiring range of $65,000-68,000 that is based on experience and a full benefits packet to include health, vision, and dental insurance, 17 paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, retirement and other benefits. We actively welcome all candidates from a wide range of backgrounds who have the skills to fulfill this role – regardless of compensation history. This is a full-time, exempt position.
Position will be open until filled.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA) REQUIREMENTS
YWCA SHR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires YWCA SHR to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are invited to discuss accommodations.