Grand River Navigation Company is the U.S. operating subsidiary of Rand Logistics Corporation. Together with our Canadian sister company, Lower Lakes Towing Ltd., we are one of the largest marine transportation service providers operating on the Great Lakes today with our combined fleet of bulk freight vessel is providing service to over 50 customers across the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Seaway.
Our Company is searching for qualified candidates for the position of Mate / First Class Pilot aboard our US flagged self-unloading vessels.
· Safely manning a Navigation Watch
· Supervising the Maintenance and upkeep of the hull, decks and superstructure of the vessel
· Responsible for the safe loading, unloading of cargo
· Ensuring that vessel lifesaving and firefighting equipment is properly maintained
· Supervising and directing the vessels Deck Department, including the ordering of Deck Supplies
· Other duties assigned by the Vessel Master
Why Choose Grand River Navigation?
- As an employee you are part of the Rand Logistics family where Teamwork and safety are a core value
- Highly competitive wages and benefits
- The best leave system in the industry
- We pay for your travel to and from the vessel
- Excellent Health and Retirement Benefits
- Excellent safety record
Job Type: Permanent
- Passport and allowed entry into the Canada
- Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC) issued by the USCG
- Endorsement as Mate of Unlimited Tonnage upon the Great Lakes and Inland Waters (minimum)
- First Class Pilot of Vessels of Unlimited Tonnage upon the Great Lakes between Duluth, Gary, Buffalo and Port Weller to Cape Vincent
- Transportation Worker Identification (TWIC) issued by TSA
- Excellent communication and team work skills as well as the ability to multi-task