The Senior Accountant is responsible for larger more complex engagements and may manage multiple engagements simultaneously. This position assumes responsibility for supervising engagements and special assignments; can review working papers and financial statements and can communicate with clients on a one-on-one basis. This position may also be responsible for mentoring and supporting team members in meeting clients and self-development expectations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assumes responsibility for managing engagements and special assignments using established firm policies and procedures.
- Coordinates various phases of engagement plans engagements, budgets time and expenses, monitors actual performance against budget, reviews working papers for accuracy and completeness, and reviews financial statements.
- Develops and is accountable for the assignment work plan and ensures assigned tasks and responsibilities are achieved
- Plans, organizes and controls multiple responsibilities and resources to achieve assigned objectives
- Helps develop solutions for clients and manages implementation of ideas
- Communicates engagement progress, problems, resolutions, financial information, tax activity and other business concerns with clients
- Works with co-workers on assignments to anticipate project issues, assess alternatives, and take appropriate measure to resolve assignment issues
- Identifies client needs and opportunities, and identifies cross selling and new service opportunities
- Supports partners in developing new initiatives to increase retention, meet resourcing needs, utilization and people development
- Develop functional specialization and/or industry expertise
- Establishes and actively works to build a network and focus on business development
- Develop a specialty designation or begin to obtain a masters
- 3 years of current Public Accounting Experience
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting (preferably a masters)
- CPA Certification
- Proficiency with tax software, MS Office, and working knowledge of QuickBooks
- Strong client rapport and project management skills
- Strong technical knowledge and skills
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- CPA or CPA in progress
- Regular same day travel for work at client’s facilities, meetings, and seminars is required using personal vehicle.
- On a rare occasion, out-of-town travel with overnight stay for work at clients, meetings or seminars is required using personal vehicle.
- This position requires employees to have their own means of transportation.
- It is generally expected that this position will work in the office or onsite at a client’s facility during the workweek, from the hours of 8:30am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.