Position Summary: The Applicant Processor is responsible for following Hill Brothers hiring policy, compliance guidelines, and DOT requirements while processing driver applications. Additionally, the Applicant Processor is required to document communication, request and provide requested information as outlined in the Hiring Guidelines and Protocol. The Applicant Processor may also be tasked with training or communicating information during the candidate Qualification process.
- Request Verification of Employment forms from employers for previous 7 year history.
- Actively communicate with other departments regarding hiring status.
- Accurately enter data into Safety Department software systems.
- Investigate candidate work history for relevant experience.
- Investigate accidents or DOT violations as specified by Reporting Supervisor.
Accountabilities: This is ultimately what the person will be held accountable to accomplish; the outcomes.
- Maintain DOT Compliance during and after the Qualification Process.
- Follow the standard Hiring Guidelines and Driver Requirements as outlined by Hill Brothers Transportation.
- Assist with reporting of accident and DOT information to the corresponding departments and agencies.
- Assist with the Drug & Alcohol Testing Program.
- Ensure that all reports are delivered on time and accurately.
- Consistently report to work as required and complete normal work hours.
- Comply with company policy and procedures.
- Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others using whether it be verbally or written.
- Confidentiality - Maintains confidentiality of information at all times. Information only shared with "need to know" positions within the company.
- Adaptable – able to accommodate frequently changing priorities
- Enthusiastic - Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Able to write and speak using correct grammar
- Work in a fast-paced, moderately high stress environment
Education, certification, and experience requirements:
- High school degree or equivalent
Travel: May travel outside of the Omaha Metro area 10% of time