Greenville University is searching for a dynamic leader to create a more immersive, innovative and interconnected vision for library services. The Director supports the Greenville University mission, vision, and values through exceptional leadership and dedicated student focus. The Director will work to interconnect with the university faculty, student success and academic services who are committed to creating a thriving environment where student learning and growth is cultivated in a Christ-centered community.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Understanding the evolving role of the Library in a Christian liberal arts institution with student's diverse needs at the center;
- Collaborates with faculty to promote student learning and to advance information fluency;
- Serves as the Library’s central liaison to the campus, the surrounding community, and relevant library networks;
- Responsible for budget, policies, programs, services, and collection management
- Participate and hire support staff in reference service and library operations depending on experience and preference, which could include: student engagement, information literacy instruction, acquisitions, cataloging, and archive
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated:
·Strong ability to related to and work effectively with academic affairs, faculty, staff and engage students
· Knowledge and experience with library policies and procedures;
· Skill in developing and implementing student-centric engagement plans and assessment measures;
· Experience developing and managing budgets in a challenging fiscal environment;
· Experience working with all operational aspects of the library;
· Appreciation of the importance of diversity to the modern academy.
- A Master’s degree in Library Science or a similar degree from an ALA-accredited graduate school
- 3-5 years of increasingly-responsible positions in libraries including supervisory experience preferred.
- Advanced understanding of digital technologies and trends in library and information science
- Candidates must be committed to serving as a role model for students within a Christian academic community. A vibrant personal Christian faith commitment is required, as well as a strong commitment to a broadly Wesleyan tradition as described in the university's theological assumptions.
The university is located 50 miles east of St. Louis in an attractive residential community of approximately 7,000 people. Greenville University was founded in 1892 and is affiliated with the Free Methodist Church, yet draws students from 40+ denominations. For additional information, please visit our website: www.greenville.edu
It is the policy of Greenville University not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, ethnic or national origin, disability, race, gender or prior military service in its educational programs, admissions or employment policies. Greenville University is committed to an environment of cultural and ethnic diversity; women and minorities are encouraged to apply.