Join Our Team of Safety Professionals
Safety Management Group is a nationally recognized professional service organization that provides workplace safety consulting, training, staffing, program planning, and implementation. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401k with employer matching, paid holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products.
Safety Management Group is seeking a Permit Writer - Construction – Indianapolis, IN.
This Client requires a covid vaccine.
The key function of a Permit Writer is to put Safety at the forefront of their job, make the client’s needs a priority, work well in a team setting, be self-managed, and be flexible when it comes to change.
Overview of Job Responsibilities:
- Complete work permits (hot work, CSE, trenching, and Safe Work permits)
- Monitor work area during the duration of open permits
- Provide general HSE support (i.e., job observations)
- Site safety observations, including documentation of findings
- Facilitate corrective measures where warranted
- Representing the contractor or Owner in progress meetings
- Write permits that align with current construction projects
- Verify compliance with safety policies and procedures as required by law and the owner
- 10+ years of HSE, Project Management, or Construction Oversight experience
- 40 to 50 hours a week, occasional Saturday work
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of manufacturing operations
- 7+ years of relevant construction experience
- A degree in safety or related is preferred
- 3+ years of direct safety experience
Physical Demands of the job may include:
- Moving about long distances
- Ascending/Descending stairs and ladders
- Remaining in a stationary position for a prolonged period
- Working in extreme weather
- Being exposed to loud noises
- Wearing personal protective gear correctly
Join an elite group of Safety Professionals!
Safety Management Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.