Tides Family Services is a nonprofit organization that is committed to providing comprehensive support and resources to children, adolescents, and families facing various challenges. The overall mission of Tides is to provide services and supports that allow youth to live in a community-based setting. An "Agency Without Walls" our services are delivered in homes, communities, schools...wherever our youth are.
Performance Expectations/Key Challenges
- Provide intensive home and community based therapy to children who are involved or are at risk of involvement in the child welfare and juvenile justice systems.
- Intentionally practices inclusion of all clients, families, and colleagues regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status.
- Performs a bio-psychosocial assessment interview with client, family, and/or significant other according to agency policy and standards.
- Work collaboratively with an integrated team of caseworkers, behavioral assistants and other clinicians to develop, review and evaluate treatment goals, provide resources, advocacy, perform routine assessments and build relationships with clients and families.
- Provide evidence based counseling techniques through a trauma informed lense.
- Actively participate in the Agency’s Continuous Quality Improvement process by gathering and analyzing case information.
- Empower families to be active participants in their treatment by providing family voice and choice.
- Adopt the NASW Code of Ethics to guide your work and maintain a high degree of professionalism in the community, with clients, schools, courts and with referring agencies seeking to build and sustain positive relationships.
- Attend all required program meetings including; weekly supervision, monthly clinical group supervision, tracking rundown, staff meetings, and other meetings scheduled by supervisor.
- Maintain weekly service delivery requirements with clients and families.
- 2-4 years experience in human services, healthcare, and other non-profit agencies.
- Demonstrates a safe, strengths-based approach while continuously using everyday behavior opportunities to teach, guide, and support youth and families with their goals and challenges to remain in the home and in their communities.
- Capacity for behavior management utilizing counseling techniques, program structure, guidelines and crisis intervention and to use metrics to ensure accountability.
- Strong crisis management, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills, particularly when working with youth of all ages.
- Managed in-home and community strengths-based services to clients and families .
- Skilled in building relationships with internal team, stakeholders, clients and families, schools, law enforcement and other community resources.
- Masters' degree from an accredited school in social work – Required
- LCSW/LICSW/LMHC – Preferred
- Valid driver’s license and registered/inspected vehicle – Required
- Bilingual; English, Spanish, Portuguese, Creole – Preferred
*Each full-time position includes at least 33 days of vacation, holiday, sick and personal days, full medical, dental and vision or cash incentive, mileage reimbursement, life insurance, career development and growth, discounted tickets and so much more. Apply now and be part of a culture that instills hope and anchors families throughout Rhode Island, Tides Family Services!