Brunner is an integrated marketing agency with a fast-paced, creative environment. We value Heart, Collaboration, and Attitude in every aspect of our business, especially our team members.
We’re looking for an Art Director. A big picture, ego-free, strategic thinker with a maker mentality.
The kind of AD that can seamlessly transition from project to project without skipping a beat or overlooking the itty-bitty nuances. You excel at concepting regardless of the channel—brand platforms, social campaigns, branded content, websites, OOH, print, broadcast & connected TV, display, etc. You know it all like the back of your hand. And what you don’t know you dive into and figure out. Your ability to produce thumb stopping digital and social content proves that “best practices” can be creatively motivating when challenged.
Design is part of your DNA. You can’t help yourself. You have to make everything great. And not just look great but perform great.
Join us and you’ll be part of a collaborative, fun, fast-paced, ego-free team. It’s a roll-up-your-sleeves, make cool stuff type of atmosphere.
Show us why you’re the elusive Art Director we seek. Please include a link with samples of your best work (no comps).
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Creative sensibilities combining a keen understanding of principles of typography, illustration, and photography with an innovative mindset.
- Ability to create striking contemporary design for websites, digital marketing, social media, email, video and print assignments.
- A hunger to stay on top of emerging technologies and design trends.
- Big picture conceptual and strategic thinking that translates to measurable, actionable and fully optimized design.
- Comfortable working within cross-functional teams to produce content that builds exceptional user and brand experiences.
- Must be a creative, self-motivated team player with strong presentation skills in small and large group settings.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS:
- 3+ years of experience including digital, social, traditional.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Comfortable interfacing with clients.
- Production knowledge is a must. You need to know what a successful shoot takes.
- Willing to mentor junior creatives.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Deep understanding of all digital channels.
- Knowledge of social platform specifications and requirements is a must.
- Responsive digital design skills are a plus.
- UX knowledge is a plus—functional specifications, wireframes, flow diagrams, schematics and prototypes.
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite, including but not limited to the usual suspects—Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, XD, Acrobat, etc. After Effects and Premiere a plus.
- Self-motivated to stay current with industry trends and emerging technologies and the ability to teach others.
- A portfolio of award-winning, result-producing work.
We offer your full traditional benefits including health, dental, vision, and life insurance. We also offer commuter and transit benefits, as well as flex funds for you to enjoy your life outside of work. Add to that unlimited PTO, half day summer Fridays and all the holiday time off you would expect.
Flexible Work Policy
It's simple - work where it's most convenient for you! We recognize that we're a mixed group of people with different priorities in our lives, so we empower our employees to create their ideal working scenario...in-office, at home, or a hybrid of both. Keep in mind you might need to pop into the office for a client meeting here and there, or even an agency-wide meeting.
Normal office environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time including extensive use of PC equipment.
We like everyone, so we are an equal opportunity employer. We do not consider your race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, sex, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or veteran status when deciding to hire you. We just want you to be you.