First Lite is hiring a VP of Marketing to help us continue the expansion of our brand. The ideal candidate has experience managing a dynamic team of creatives and strategic thinkers in addition to robust experience in creating a holistic marketing plan. This person must have a marketing background with the skills to drive a DTC strategy while implementing creative initiatives that have not been seen in our industry before.
The VP Marketing will manage an experienced team of individuals who collaborate across digital marketing, content strategy, creative production, public relations, social media, conservation partnerships, and community management. This individual will lead the First Lite marketing team in bringing product and campaigns to market, while creating and executing the marketing calendars by season. A balance of sound business strategy and creative mindset is required.
This position is located in Hailey, Idaho. Hailey is a premier destination for a wide variety of outdoor pursuits, especially hunting. Incredible opportunities for big game, waterfowl and upland birds can be accessed minutes from town. Hailey and the Wood River Valley are also home to world class fly fishing, skiing/snowboarding and mountain biking.
- Create, implement and execute a holistic marketing plan that aligns with the needs of the First Lite customer, the Product Development calendar, and all elements of the First Lite DTC strategy.
- Own the growth of the First Lite brand and voice through an evolution of branding guidelines and other tools to maintain consistency and authenticity of our brand identity.
- Collaborate with leaders in Operations, Finance, Ecommerce and Product Development to maximize efficiencies and drive the growth of the overall First Lite business. Additionally, create an open line of communication and collaboration with Brand Managers across other MeatEater-owned brands such as FHF Gear and Phelps Game Calls.
- Oversee a growing team of ambassadors, guides and outfitters. Segment and incorporate this strategy into all outbound marketing as relevant and integrate across the broader MeatEater Inc. organization.
- Oversee the growth and consistency of First Lite organic content creation and creative services strategies.
- Oversee First Lite’s conservation efforts and continued dedication to protecting the wild places and wildlife that remain at the core of our brand’s continued success.
- Manage the execution of the grassroots event strategy as well as the annual consumer/trade show strategy.
- Oversee the execution of our integrated and comprehensive digital marketing strategy.
- Oversee the external First Lite public relations strategy with the assistance of the VP/GM.
- Oversee the ever-evolving social media landscape and strategy of First Lite’s own social channels.
- Maintain a strong alignment with customer service, email marketing and web design in order to establish consistencies across all areas of CRM.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Minimum 10 years prior experience in product-specific marketing, with a variety of leadership experience.
- Dedicated experience in creation of a marketing plan and executing campaigns across a multi-channel business.
- A strong background in marketing and/or sales strategy execution. A combination of both is ideal.
- A self-motivated leader who can inspire and empower a team of individuals to execute on strategy and new ideas.
- Proven skills in planning, time management, prioritization, budgeting, problem solving, decision making, and communication - both written and verbal. Acute attention to detail is imperative.
- Ability to relocate, if needed, to Ketchum, Idaho to be based out of the First Lite HQ office.
- Knowledge in building and driving product promotions and campaigns by leveraging ambassador relationships, public relations, social media, and other relevant communication channels.
- Familiarity with a DTC organizational setup and ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Asana, Slack, and/or other commonly used workflow tools.
- An interest (or passion) for the hunting or outdoor industry.
About MeatEater, Inc.
MeatEater, Inc. is an outdoor lifestyle media and commerce company founded by renowned writer, TV, and podcast personality Steven Rinella. With the belief that a deeper understanding of the natural world enriches all of our lives, MeatEater, Inc. brings together leading influencers in the categories of fishing, hunting, wild foods, and conservation to create premium content and experiences and provide unique apparel and equipment. MeatEater, Inc brands include First Lite, FHF Gear, and Phelps Game Calls.