Who we are
The Vancouver Housing Authority (VHA) works closely with local governments and other community partners throughout Clark County to address issues of affordable housing and homelessness and help families break the cycle of poverty.
Who we are looking for
The VHA is looking for an Asset Management Analyst to provide monitoring and oversight of the physical, fiscal, and regulatory operations of the VHA and VHA-Affiliate housing portfolio to include analysis of technical data, oversight of compliance, reporting and monitoring, and support for Property and Asset Management Department. The Asset Management Analyst collects and interprets data, tracks information, provides analysis, complete reports and makes recommendations regarding historical and forecasted information for development, management of properties and portfolio balancing.
What you'll do
Reporting and Compliance
- Organizes, analyzes, tracks, reviews, and forecasts complex financial transactions and data for development projects and asset management.
- Assists in due diligence efforts of existing VHA and VHA-Affiliate housing portfolio by obtaining capital needs assessments, rent comparability studies, appraisals, and title reports, as needed.
- Develops and maintains spreadsheets and databases to track monthly and annual income and expenses, capital spending, rent collection, turnover, vacancies, work orders, replacement reserves and operating reserves for the entire VHA and VHA-Affiliate portfolio. Analyzes data to identify trends.
- Assists in preparing budget forecasts for the VHA and VHA-Affiliate housing portfolio utilizing historical market data to establish future trends. Evaluates past performance against current performance to predict future trends.
- Tracks, analyzes, and compares management company and VHA managed property expenses to identify cost saving opportunities and create greater efficiencies within the VHA portfolio.
- Reviews and approves weekly operating expenses of third party management companies for VHA and VHA-Affiliate portfolio.
- Reviews monthly financial statements prepared by third party management companies and VHA. Identifies variances and drafts reports to the VHA Board of Commissioners and recommends action to Director of Property and Asset Management.
- Assists with annual component unit and housing authority audits, as needed. May compile data and other information for auditors such as bond and tax credit reports, etc.
- Assists with annual CNPH and Single Asset Entity audits, as needed. May compile data and other information for auditors such as bond and tax credit reports, etc.
- Ensure annual tax exemption reports are submitted.
- Establishes and maintains a fixed asset tracking system to track the VHA and VHA-Affiliate portfolio inventory.
- Audits section 42 files to ensure compliance. Recommends appropriate action to correct deficiencies.
- Oversees required monthly and annual reporting to public funding agencies, including interfacing with HUD, Department of Commerce, and WSHFC as owner’s rep., and coordinating the input of information into WBARS by third party and VHA property managers and VHA Finance Department.
- Adheres to audit plan requirements at VHA and VHA-Affiliate properties to ensure compliance with VHA and management company policies and procedures.
Asset Management Real Estate Oversight
- Interacts with property management staff to accommodate smooth and timely reporting. Includes answering questions, assisting with workflow efficiencies, and other related duties.
- Makes frequent onsite visits to third party managed properties to walk vacant units and review quality of operations from site cleanliness, turnovers and staff professionalism. Provides feedback to third party property managers and recommends appropriate action.
- Ensure that properties are operating in compliance with funder, investor, and regulatory agency requirements regarding property physical needs and liability coverage.
- Conduct annual physical inspections of portfolios for property needs, insurance risk management needs, and identifying any safety concerns.
- Review preventative maintenance schedules and identify maintenance and other operational needs and provide recommendations to VHA Property Management and third party management agents.
- Review physical needs assessments and provide oversight/assistance of capital needs and 20 year planning.
- Participate in initiating and managing capital improvement projects in existing sites on a case-by-case basis.
- Serve as primary contact for local jurisdictions for storm water facility systems at VHA owned properties. Coordinate with portfolio management and property managers on proper storm water facility maintenance.
- Evaluate proposals, bids and quotations to determine responsiveness, responsibility, and eligibility for award and provide recommendation to Director of Property and Asset Management.
- Maintains current knowledge of best practices and developing industry trends and innovations. Keeps department staff abreast of changes in relevant laws and regulations.
- Consistently complies with position and department safety and attendance standards.
- Establishes and maintains positive, productive relationships with employees, residents, public officials, vendors, and other work related contacts.
What we offer
- Starting pay range is $53,256.00 - $58,581.00 per year based on experience.
- Full-time, exempt salaried position.
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance for the employee.
- Benefits package also includes 10.25% paid into WA PERS by employer, 12 company paid holidays, and generous paid time off and separate sick time accrual.
- Meaningful work that addresses affordable housing and homelessness in our community.
What you'll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or related subject plus at least 2 years related experience in asset and/or property financial management or related environment or equivalent.
- Experience in tax credit and bond compliance strongly preferred.
- Property management experience desired.
- Valid driver’s license and fewer than 3 moving violations within the last 3 years.
A cover letter and resume is required. For more information on the Vancouver Housing Authority please visit our website at www.vhausa.com. Please note, those candidates deemed to best match our requirements will be contacted for an interview. We do not discuss application status during the selection process. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
The VHA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veteran in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.