Who we are
The Vancouver Housing Authority (VHA) works closely with local governments and other community partners throughout Clark County to address issues of affordable housing and homelessness and help families break the cycle of poverty.
Who we are looking for
The VHA is seeking a Property Assistant to provide office and clerical support to a Property Manager. The Property Assistant will assist with leasing, certification, maintenance and grounds scheduling, work order tracking, and other related duties.
What you'll do
- Reviews and processes waitlist applications for prospective low rent residents including multifamily, 202 projects, Section 8 new construction, Section 811, Public Housing, Project Based Voucher, tax credit and related projects. Ensures information is complete, enters data, and works with prospective residents to obtain complete information.
- Re-activates waitlist applications for prospective residents inactivated on the waitlist who meet program requirements based on VHA criteria.
- Opens and closes waitlists based on HUD and VHA criteria.
- Processes annual continued interest letters, and manages documentation for waitlist denials and withdrawals
- Fields general inquiry questions related to application and waitlist process for VHA managed properties.
- Conducts draws for third party managed public housing properties.
- Prepares, distributes, and monitors intake, interim, and recertification packets for public housing properties managed by third party property management companies. Verifies and performs calculations correctly for applicant/resident income, assets, and applicable deductions. Input data into computer system. Assist in maintaining resident files and Docuware scanning/storage and ensure file creation and management meet VHA and HUD requirements.
- File Management- Ensure that all documents are scanned in to Docuware in a timely manner and accordance to VHA guidelines. Label files appropriately.
- Processes public housing PIC submissions to HUD.
- Process monthly rent runs in Elite and process multifamily and public housing utility allowance reports, as necessary.
- Provide support to on-site Property Assistants in VHA-managed properties, as needed.
- Prepares, monitors, and distributes needed reports and documents on a timely basis.
- Establishes and maintains positive resident relations through regular office hours. Responds independently and courteously to routine requests and issues from VHA applicants, staff, and residents. Within established guidelines, resolves issues or refers to Property Manager.
- Ensures compliance with Fair Housing Laws, HUD and or WSHFC program specifics. Ensures compliance with EIV systems.
- Consistently complies with position and department safety and attendance standards.
- Establishes and maintains positive, productive relationships with VHA employees, clients, and vendors.
What we offer
- Starting pay rate is $3,069.00 - $3,222.00 per month based on experience.
- Full-time, non-exempt, union-represented position working 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Benefits package also includes 10.25% paid into WA PERS by employer, 12 company paid holidays, and generous paid time off and separate sick time accrual.
- Meaningful work that addresses affordable housing and homelessness in our community.
What you'll bring
- High school diploma required plus some higher level education or vocational training specializing in office skills and/or housing related subject plus at least 2 years of directly related experience or equivalent required.
- AA preferred.
A cover letter and resume is required. For more information on the Vancouver Housing Authority please visit our website at www.vhausa.com. Please note, those candidates deemed to best match our requirements will be contacted for an interview. We do not discuss application status during the selection process. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
The VHA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veteran in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.