Who we are
The Vancouver Housing Authority (VHA) works closely with local governments and other community partners throughout Clark County to address issues of affordable housing and homelessness and help families break the cycle of poverty.
Who we are looking for
The VHA is seeking a Janitor to perform a variety of deep cleaning and janitorial tasks in VHA owned or managed buildings including preparing vacant units for occupancy.
What you'll do
- Deep cleans and vacuums all vacant housing including all rooms, windows, kitchen and bathroom appliances, light fixtures, curtain rods and woodwork; waxes all floors; replaces light bulbs. May require removing heavy dirt and grime.
- Performs minor repairs as requested on lights, garbage disposals, toilets, showers, etc.
- Cleans vacuums and dusts all common areas of assigned property/ies including rest rooms, laundry rooms, hallways and elevators, etc.
- Keeps bathroom, laundry room, hand sanitizer and other common area supplies stocked.
- Cleans assigned property grounds, including picking up refuse, debris and abandoned belongings, emptying outdoor garbage cans and smoking receptacles. Stocks pet stations.
- Assists with unit cleanout of refuse, debris and abandoned belongings when units are vacated.
- Consistently complies with position and department safety and attendance standards.
- Establishes and maintains positive, productive relationships with employees, residents, vendors, and other work related contacts.
- Assist with unit locks outs, as needed.
What we offer
- Starting pay range is $17.11 to $18.73 per hour based on experience.
- Full-time, non-exempt, union-represented position working 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Benefits package also includes 10.25% paid into WA PERS by employer, 12 company paid holidays, and generous paid time off accrual.
- Meaningful work that addresses affordable housing and homelessness in our community.
What you'll bring
- At least one year of experience with vacancy cleaning or equivalent (required).
- Experience with deep cleaning in environments with excessive dirt and grime preferred.
- Grounds keeping experience preferred.
- Must have valid driver’s license and meet VHA auto insurance requirements.
A cover letter and resume is required. For more information on the Vancouver Housing Authority please visit our website at www.vhausa.com. Please note, those candidates deemed to best match our requirements will be contacted for an interview. We do not discuss application status during the selection process. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
The VHA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veteran in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.