Who we are
The Vancouver Housing Authority (VHA) works closely with local governments and other community partners throughout Clark County to address issues of affordable housing and homelessness and help families break the cycle of poverty.
Who we are looking for
The VHA is seeking an IT Software Applications Specialist that will provide support for line of business applications, perform maintenance and support tasks including user support, report creation and modification. This position also coordinates assigned activities and projects with other departments.
What you'll do
- Identify data requirements for report creation and modification by interviewing users, analyzing department applications, and evaluating existing processes.
- Assist in maintaining database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; testing and implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
- Respond to help desk tickets to assist end users with line of business applications; determine the severity of problems and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Prepare and maintain technical and end user documentation for line of business applications.
- Conduct user training for line of business applications; provide information; resolve problems.
- Working knowledge of T-SQL and query optimization strategies.
- Working knowledge of relational databases, maintenance, and security.
- Working knowledge of Document Management Systems.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems.
- Adapt to changing technologies and learn functionality of new equipment and systems.
- Coordinate multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to analyze data, detect problems, and recommend alternative solutions.
- Manage the fair distribution of help tickets in IT Department.
- Work with IT and other departments to draft the annual IT budget.
What we offer
- Starting pay range is $63,516.00 - $70,000.00 per year based on experience.
- Full-time, exempt salaried position.
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance for the employee.
- Benefits package also includes 10.25% paid into WA PERS by employer, 12 company paid holidays, and generous paid time off and separate sick time accrual.
- Meaningful work that addresses affordable housing and homelessness in our community.
What you'll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related subject plus at least 5 years' experience in accounting and database applications or equivalent (required).
- Demonstrated experience in and advanced knowledge of database management and reporting including SQL, Crystal Reports, and MS Office Suite Applications.
- Experience administering SQL based database strongly preferred.
- Experience administering computer hardware and telecommunications functions strongly preferred.
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with VHA staff and other agencies.
- Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively in both written and verbal form in English.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment to achieve common goals.
- Personal and professional commitment to ongoing learning, engagement and change that progresses diversity, equity and inclusion.
A cover letter and resume is required. For more information on the Vancouver Housing Authority please visit our website at www.vhausa.com. Please note, those candidates deemed to best match our requirements will be contacted for an interview. We do not discuss application status during the selection process. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
The VHA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as covered veteran in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.