Navvis is a Real-Person Care company with a transformative approach to population health. Our groundbreaking approach responds to how people really live their lives, day in and day out. Navvis Real-Person Care is integrated and holistic, physician-led and person-centered. Our entire approach begins with asking people a simple question that no one else is asking: Not, 'what's the matter with you?' but, 'what matters to you?'
Navvis delivers seamless, high-performing and aligned provider networks, care coordination, and value-base care models.
We partner with health plans, health systems, providers and employers to eliminate the barriers, boundaries, and siloed efforts that fragment care. We help our clients move from a system that is complicated and frustrating to one that is centered on people's real-life needs.
Real life. Life changing. Changing healthcare. That's Navvis.
The Navigation Solution is designed to help hospitals and hospital systems deepen their market brand loyalty, improve the patient experience, strengthen physician and practice alignment, streamline transition from Hospital to Primary Care Physician and minimize patient out-migration. As hospital systems struggle with the transition to value-based care, Navvis has designed a solution that enables volume-based growth through value-based performance. The Navigation Solution delivers on essential value-based care tenants today, while building a strong foundation for the future. We enable hospitals and hospital systems to deliver a capability consisting of people, processes and technology purposed to coordinate care across the care continuum. This capability will strengthen the brand and will allow hospitals and their medical groups to remain the patient choice, even as they are influenced to go elsewhere, because of value-based care market dynamics. Navvis serves as an extension of the provider practice to deliver a differentiated experience of engagement and care coordination for the individual and the entire family.
As a Lead, Care Navigator you will:
- Support and lead a team of Care Navigators.
- Serve as a remote extension of the provider practices through proactive outreach to attributed patients.
- Adopt the philosophy and approach of the client in order to effectively represent the client during telephonic/email/text interactions with patients.
- Collaborate with operational leadership to understand how to utilize data to constantly improve patient engagement to optimize results.
- Successfully manage a non-clinical care team in a “call center like” environment to optimize efficiency while never losing site of empathy.
- Perform Quality Assurance and use results to ensure delivery of care navigation consistent with approved processes, scripts and metrics.
- Handle escalation calls with patients (and/or providers if necessary) appropriately, respectfully and according to defined workflows.
A Day in the Life:
- Perform telephonic, email and/or text outreach to patients based on prioritized lists with the goal of scheduling the patient for an appointment with the appropriate caregiver.
- Answer and/or respond to inbound calls, texts and/or emails, resolving the need of the patient or customer based on appropriate workflows.
- Perform quality assurance activities such as monitoring recorded calls, providing feedback and coaching to a team of Navigators and creatively solving problems in the spirit of striving for excellence.
- Prepares the navigator schedule and manages the team in order to handle a high workload and meet deadlines with a high level of accuracy.
- Understands the importance of technology and metrics in performing this work.
- Ability to maintain effective and professional relationships with a team of Care Navigators and the patients they engage.
- When it is necessary to interact with a physician practice to fulfill the task at hand the navigator should have a professional, positive approach and the ability to maintain effective relationships with practice staff and other members of the care team.
- Handle a high workload and meet deadlines with a high level of accuracy, and perform patient directed navigation activities.
What Success Looks Like in this Role:
- Must be compassionate, professional, have exceptional communication/telephonic skills, detailed-oriented, and capable of handling a very fast-paced environment.
- As team lead, must have ability to collaborate with operations lead to ensure data is captured accurately and efficiently to enable measurement and tracking of success metrics.
- Ability to facilitate multiple components of non-clinical care to include but not limited to scheduling, care gap closure and transitions of care.
- A personal commitment to a person-centered approach, along with strong relationship-building, communication, and active listening skills requires.
- Serves as a patient advocate.
- Enthusiasm to work with all customers on complex issues and a strong desire to help find solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills.
We are excited about you if you have these things:
- Associate degree in health services or business fields or technical school in the health industry (ie medical assistant, etc.).
- 2 years of customer service or call center/centralized patient scheduling center experience required.
- A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Physician practice experience preferred.
- Medical Terminology required.
- Understanding of HIPAA and ability to protect patient information.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of population health a plus.
- Ability to work Monday through Friday, and at least one Saturday morning per month.
- Bilingual a plus.
What you'll get:
Navvis is committed to attracting the most insightful and motivated talent by providing a candidate and onboarding experience that you won't find elsewhere! We foster an environment and culture that allow people to be creative, feel connected and be inspired to do their best work no matter where they are on the map. For all colleagues at Navvis, we strive to ensure that they have everything needed to be successful. From the basics like a competitive total rewards strategy, volunteering and social engagement activities to creating company experiences that challenge you to think differently and do different things as part of our never stop learning ecosystem, we support the whole person when you become a team member at Navvis.
Navvis offers a competitive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, 401K with a safe harbor contribution and a Paid Time Off plan starting at 2+ weeks.