The Machine Operator is responsible for operating machines in the assigned department.
List of Machines
- Table saw
- Chop saw
- CMD miter saw
- Fork Truck
- Rockwell shaper
- Olympic m80 bander
- Eclipse Bander
- Table saw
- Drill press
- Back cove
- Shaper Table router
- Balistrini Mortiser
- Kreg Drill
- S-50 Pistorius Saw
- Glue Clamp
- Straight Line Rip Saw
- Dovetail Manual
- NorthTech Planer
- Radial Arm Saw
- Lower Sander/Time Saver
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows all safety rules and contributes to a safe work environment.
- Sets up and operates various machines and hand tools to fabricate and repair wooden cabinets, high grade furniture, countertops and mirrors.
- Checks in parts, verifies count, quality and identification of all product that is produced in assigned area, prior to shipment to the next process.
- Performs daily maintenance checks and notifies Manager or lead person if problems arise.
- Troubleshoots and performs preventative maintenance on machines.
- Participates and contributes to a work team environment and follows quality control checks.
- Contributes to meeting Bertch manufacturing schedule.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Required Education, Training or Experience
- No required education or job experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read measurement tools.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to lift, bend, push, pull, and move materials up to or exceeding 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand or walk an entire shift (can be 8-10 hours)
Employees must be able to cope with Iowa climates; endure heat and cold conditions in the building. Fast paced workloads and loud noise levels are normal. Paint fumes and exposure to chemicals associated may be present. Personal Protective Equipment as required by OSHA will be provided by the Company.