Under the supervision of the Aquatics Supervisor and the Aquatics Coordinator, the Head Lifeguard is responsible for assisting with the overall operation of the Highlands Pool, a year-round operated aquatic facility.
· Supervise the pool area and all related facilities.
· Assist in conducting in-service training, including emergency drills.
· Assist in distributing and enforcing pool rules and regulations.
· Communicates professionally and appropriately to patrons.
· Assist in supervising the collection and banking of receipts taken in by the pool personnel.
· Maintain a positive and safe environment for pool patrons and employees.
· Assists in the supervision, evaluation and scheduling pool employees.
· Prepares written reports and maintain daily records.
· Make regular inspection of the pool apparatus and pool equipment.
· Maintains pool chemistry and cleanliness of pool bathrooms, office and related areas.
Essential Knowledge and Abilities:
- Pool maintenance practices, use and maintenance of pool pump room tools & equipment.
- Safe work and chemical practices.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard training and lifeguarding principles.
- Knowledge of swim instruction.
- Ability to evaluate swim instructors.
- Knowledge of record keeping practices.
- Follow safe and accepted pool practices.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to Make sound judgments on the safety of the pool and its employees and patrons.
- Must be available to work Nights and weekends.
- Minimum of two years of experience performing duties in a Lifeguard position and as a swim instructor.
- Equivalent to the completion of the eleventh grade; additional schooling is desirable.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a valid California driver's license
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard Training,
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer and AED.
This position performs most duties and is located in an outdoor, aquatic environment in a typically work around wet and/or slippery surface. There may be exposure to potentially hazardous chemicals, heat, cold, sun, and inclement weather conditions. They will be required to perform heavy manual lifting as needed to maintain pool.
- It may be necessary to perform other duties as assigned.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. It is understood that the employee will perform other duties if requested by the Aquatics Supervisor. Job descriptions are reviewed periodically and may be revised if deemed necessary. This job description is not a written or implied contract.